Chapter 4 - Sudden Changes

After sending off their eldest daughter, Lin DaZhuang took the silver and went to the village chief's house and handed over the money. Finally, they managed to solve this one problem, as the family members finally release a sigh of relief.

At night, Lin DaZhuang and Zhang HuiNiang laid on the bed then she heard Lin DaZhuang sighed.

"DaLi's family is preparing to send Chun Er to the palace." He did not tell the children about this matter in the afternoon. He held the matter back for half a day, waiting for the night fall and returned to his room then only he told Zhang HuiNiang.

"How come, Chun Er have already passed her 14s, not eligible. She is already at the age where she can get married, what are they thinking?" Zhang mu was very surprised.

"DaLi already told the local officer. Chun Er's chinese age just passed 14 years old, but in reality it hasn't arrived yet." In fact, there is only that number of people in the village, which family's children is how big, they all have an inkling in their heart.

birth to two daughters, it broke out completely. Lin DaLi, husband and wife, felt that Zhang mu was subduing them, that's why they didn't have a son then they persistently wanted to split up.

Ke MeiLi, from earlier on, had wanted to split up. She felt that Lin DaZhuang had a lot of children in their family, and Lin DaZhuang only know how to farm, earning not as much as compared to Lin DaLi. Lin DaLi will usually do some carpentry work, helping the village people to build furniture, and the income is not bad. Ke MeiLi always feels that they are taken advantage of while eating and living together, constantly being noisy about wanting to split up. Lin DaLi did not say anything, but yet did not object too.

Lin DaZhuang, helpless, had no choice but to split up and divide the field in the house. Even giving most of the family's existing cash to his younger brother, and invited the elder of the village and the local officer to witness it together.

Like this, Lin DaLi got a house at the other end of the village and after living there for two years, they indeed gave birth to a baby boy, making the Lin DaLi couple even more affirmative of the matter that Zhang HuiNiang was subduing them. The two families then gradually had lesser dealings with each other.

At the other end of the village, the Lin DaLi couple were currently being inwardly proud of their decision.

Ke MeiLi and Lin DaLi are both people who values men and belittle women, and regards their daughters as monetary goods. Their eldest daughter, Lin Chun Er, was born looking alike to Lin DaLi, not inheriting Ke MeiLi beautiful features and therefore, was even more not fond of. Seeing that Lin Chun Er is soon reaching the age of marriage, Ke MeiLi knows that her daughter could not marry as well as like Lin JinEr. With Lin Chun Er's appearance and figure, she's afraid that she would have pay plenty of downy to marry her off.

As this time's news about the palace recruiting servant came out, Lin DaLi thoughts became active. If she enter the palace, not only will they save the dowry money, but they will also receive some compensatory money. Then in the future, there is monthly salary and money to settle down. Thinking about it, it's truly a largely good matter.

Although Lin Chun Er was sad that her parents is sending her into the palace, but thinking of the local officer's words saying that if she gotten the favor of a Guiren, she would also be able to stand out among her peers.

Lin Chun Er was also very envious that her uncle's family's Lin JinEr could marry into the city but she also understand that her appearance is not up to par. However, she was still not resigned. This time, entering the palace, should be a good opportunity.