Chapter 1

You and Donnie had been friends for a little bit now. He viewed it as a casual friendship. Yiu and him had been friends for a year. You loved hanging out with him. A bit too much... You realized a while into the friendship that you had a small crush on him. But those small feelings turned into big ones really fast. But you knew that Donnie didn't really understand the concept of romantic feelings. you were walking to the park and you sent him a picture. it was just an odd picture with your forehead up in the camera, "hey, wanna go to the park with me?" you sent the message and he set a picture of the ceiling of his lab and he responded with, "sure why not." you went to the park and sat under a tree. You were picking the grass when you hear, "hey the grass have feelings too y'know?" Donnie sat down next to you. You punched his arm lightly and said, "unlike you." you chuckle and he does the same. You loved when he laughed. you looked down at the grass again but not happily. Sadly. You wanted to tell him how you felt. But you thought he wouldnt understand. He looks at you and hesitates at first because he had noticed you were upset, "uhm.. you okay?" you look at him and say, "I need to tell you something. you promise no to get mad? or weirded out?" He looks at you with a confused look and says, "yyyes?" obviously hesitating and honestly scared as he quirked a brow. 

you let out a big sigh as you put both of your hands on the grass in front of you, "I like you. not like as a friend. in a deeper meaning. I've liked you with said feelings for a while now. i dont really know if you'll be able to like process or anything but..yeah." Donnie just stared at you shocked you didnt even notice the little red on his cheeks because you thought he was disgusted. you look away from his sight and say, "sorry. i know its stupid." he kept staring and he finally said, "uh.. well i dont really.." you felt you knew what he was going to say so you stood up and dusted yourself off, "i have to go home." Donnie obviously confused says, "what- why? we've only been here for like 10 minutes. did i do something." you stop walking for a moment while choking back tears as you say, "No.. you're okay. i guess." the whole walk home wou were in tears as you scolded yourself "stupid. idiot! Why did i think i could say something like that." when you got to your apartment you angrily threw your bag on the couch. You went to your bed and curled up as you huge your pillow you cried. Why did you even tell him? He obviously would say no. After you manage to calm yourself you go to your kitchen to microwave leftovers. you go to grab you bag and the clip for the seal comes loose, "god damnit. stupid bag. i need a new one.. wha-?" you noticed the spilled items. the normal things: Phone, headphones, gum, and chap stick. the one thing on the floor that made you break was the strip of photos you and Donnie took at the mall that one day... you laughed for a small moment about how hard it was sneaking him in with as he says, "this whole situation." but the smile faded because you again, realized he didn't love you the way you wanted him to. You got your food out of the microwave and went to your room. 

DONNIE'S POV

He didn't know what he did but he knew what he wanted to say, "well.. uh i dont really know what to say.." he obviously wanted say it back. He liked you too. In the same way. He couldnt express it though. He went back to the lair and back into is lab as he plopped down at his desk chair and let out a heavy sigh. He looked at the photo strip you guys got at the mall. he smiled. Then for the firs time in a long time... he cried. head on desk and everything. he just let the tears spill. thinking about you...

OMG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA also this is a female reader.