Chapter 2

After you finished crying (lmao) you got up from your bed to eat your microwaved leftovers. You sat there while eating your warm food with slightly cold areas. You were just zoning there was a small tap at your window and you hadn't heard it but you heard the second one because it was much louder. You put your bowl down on your bed as you shuffle over to the window. you open the curtain and to your surprise it was Donnie. You didn't want to talk to him you rolled your eyes as you open the window, "what do you want." he opens his mouth to speak and you could already hear the words he was going to say, "I'm sorry." you look down at the floor as you point up and say, "called it." You shut the window, close the curtains and walk back to your bed looking at ceiling. you sat down and continued to eat your leftovers. You then heard an aggressive banging at your window. You look back up at the ceiling and roll your eyes with a big groan. You walk back to the window as you say, "Okay! Okay! Jesus christ!" you open the curtains and the window to see Donnie again you heart gave a small flutter at the sad look on his face. You say to yourself, "don't let him fool you again." you opened the window and you saw him open his mouth again. Before you went to shut the window he said, "let me talk. Please." one part of you didnt want to let him talk but you did anyways. He took a deep breath, "I'm sorry that i rubbed you the wrong way at the park. i didnt mean to.. im not rejecting you im just... not ready." You looked at him in disbelief at what he had just said. You couldnt say anything back then you did the most embarrassing thing ever.. You began crying in front of him. Tears began racing down your cheeks as you hiccupped and sniffled. He thought he had said something wrong again so he just cleared his throat and said softly, "i see.. ill be going now." You let him leave then you began to reminisce as you trudged back to your bed, your face still cold with the tear marks embedded on your face. You sniffled as you sat down and grabbed the bowl of food and began lightly nibbling on the food. As your mind began to wander. 

You thought about the very first day you ever went over to Donnie's house, the door had opened and you ran inside, "woooowww so cool!" you saw the desk chair it looked so comfy it was practically calling your name. You ran for the chair and plopped down on it. You began spinning around in the chair until it stopped right in front of the desk. You saw a pair of big black glasses on the desk with scotch tape on the sides, "oooh are these your glasses?" you put them on and blink a few times as you tip around in the chair dramatically, "oh my GOD you were blind!" he chuckles at you and clears his throat, "yeah i used to wear those when i was little. I wear contact lenses now." you look at the blobby figure if Donnie and then take off the glasses and get up from the chair as you waddled toward him, he had noticed you getting closer. He had swallowed with every step closer you had gotten. you were right in front of him and you knelt down in front of his face and got inches away from his snout. You noticed how close you were and your face turned cherry red. He looked at you with a stunned look on his face and he turned away.

That was it.. he had turned away indicating he had no feelings for you. You had finished your food by then and you went into the kitchen to put you dish in the sink. you went back in to your room and plopped down on your bed, you began crying again. You kept calling yourself stupid and dumb. You shouldve never told him how you felt. Either way he was going to reject you.

*DONNIE'S POV*

As he had trudged home he thought about the fact that he had made you cry and it didnt make him feel good. He thought of anything that might make you feel better and make you want to hang out with him again. But the only thing you wanted was him. And he had already established he was not ready for a relationship yet. Maybe he was. He had thought that the whole walk back to the lair.

He had gotten to the lair and went into his lab. He sat on his bed as he put his elbows on his knees and his hands on his face. He had began to rub his eyes ash he took off his goggles and mask. He took of the rest of his gear and began to lie in bed and relax. When he looked to his desk and saw the glasses and the photo on his desk. It was then he had realized. He was ready for a relationship. He was just afraid of rejection. H jumped out of bed and grabbed his phone to call you.

* your POV now*

As you were crying your phone rang. You picked it up. It was Donnie! you wiped the tears off your face. In a way you wanted to talk to him again. You wanted to hear his sultry voice. Every time you heard it through your phone it made you tingle and you loved it so much. You picked it up and said, " yes?" he had taken a deep breath and said, " need to talk to you now. I now know why i never wanted to persue a relationship with you, It was because i was scared." shock covered your whole face. Did this mean he liked you? "I- I what?" you say with a puzzled expression on your face. You could hear his breath hitch through the phone. For some reason that made your face turn cherry red, " I want you. I want to kiss you, hug you, make love to you. Anything. I just..."  then you knew what it was. He really did love you He took a deep breath through the phone and it made your spine tingle, "i love you (y/n) i love you." Your face lit up as you heard him say the words you could have never dreamed of hearing him ever say, "really?"  you say softly, "yes. Really." 

YOU'RE WELCOME LITTLE GREMLINS! 

also sorry i wasn't posting ive been hella tired and state testing hehe