I'm Not Jealous!

AN: I made this little one-shot to help me get back into the feel of things. It’s a little something I came up with that takes place after Through The Looking Glass Ruins. I just thought it would be funny.

Amity smiles as she playfully runs her fingers through her newly dyed hair during lunch.

“I really like your new hair color, Amity,” said Gus.

“Me too. In my opinion, purple suits you better. It just feels more… you," said Willow.

"Thanks, you two. I figured it was time for a change. This just felt right to me," Amity replied. "By the way, have you guys seen Luz? I haven't seen her since lunch started."

“Oh, she said she’d be meeting with some old friends today,” Willow explained.

“Wait? She has other friends here? Not to sound rude, but I’ve only ever seen her hanging out with you two,” the purple-haired girl replied. “Do you guys know them?”

“Not really. Apparently, she met them in the detention track on her first day and hung out with them for most of that day,” Gus explained.

“So that’s why I didn’t see her for most of that day,” Amity thought. While thinking about the aforementioned human, a memory of her recent encounter with Luz made her blush. Suddenly, the voice of a familiar human girl can be heard.

“Viney! Barcus! Jerbo!” Luz exclaimed as she walked over to the former troublemakers.

“Luz!" Viney exclaimed as the two hugged.

"Hey, there's Luz. I think those are the other friends she was talking about,” said Gus.

Amity examines the group from afar. The first, Barcus, was a warlock with a dog-like body and a human-looking face wearing glasses and a combination of the potion and oracle track uniform. The second one, who she's seen in her class, Jerbo, was a short-haired brunette male wearing a combination of the plant and abomination track uniform. And the last one, Viney was a short-hair brunette girl with her hair tied in a bun. She wore a fishhook earring in her right ear and a combination of the healing and beast-keeping track uniform and she was currently… hugging Luz… her Luz.

Suddenly, Amity felt her grip on the table tighten.

“Wait? Why do I feel so hostile towards this chick? She's just a friend… Right?"

“We saw you breakout the Owl Lady during the petrification ceremony. That was badass,” said Viney.

“I wouldn’t go that far. I was totally freaking out. I was just lucky to get out of there in one piece,” Luz replied.

“Any scuffle you can walk away from is worth celebrating,” said Barcus through barks that only Jerbo could understand.

“What he said,” said Jerbo.

“So, rumor has it that you have a piece of Emperor Belos’ mask. Is it true?” Viney asked.

“Well, yeah," the human answered.

“You gotta show us” Viney replied.

Luz shyly pulls out the piece of Belos’ mask, causing the other three to stare in awe.

"Sounds like they're having fun over there," said Willow.

"I heard they were the ones who stopped that basilisk attack," said Gus.

"No way. For real?" asked Willow.

While those two were having their own discussion, Amity just continued listening in on the discussion a few tables away, oblivious to the look of jealousy slowly forming on her face.