one.

♰.. LOVER TO LOVER
chapter oo1.

The summer leading to their sixth year had passed, and the students had been at school for a whole week already. Most had settled in with their routine, but some students clearly hadn't. One of them being Magnolia Cain, who clearly needed more sleep after the load of homework they had just received.

Sitting with her elbow on the Ravenclaw table, while her hand rested under her chin, she stared at her food. Tillie Mckenna sat next to her and couldn't help but glance at Maggie, who hadn't touched her food in a while. She cleared her throat and nudged her shoulder against Maggie's. "I know you are tired, but you do need to eat Mags."

Tillie Mckenna was an automatic friend, meaning that from the moment they had their first conversation, Tillie and Magnolia had become friends. From the moment they got sorted into the same house, they hadn't been a day apart. Tillie was like her sister, they did everything together and most of the summer they spend at each other's houses. 

Tillie's childhood neighbor August Barlow had also joined in their friend group, he was sorted in Hufflepuff. He was one of the sweetest people Magnolia had ever met. He was kind and cared deeply for his friends. He was one of those people Magnolia could easily talk to, he was a good listener but also knew how to make the Ravenclaw laugh.

Maggie scanned her eyes over the other tables in the Great Hall, completely ignoring Tillie's nice words. She easily spotted Elliana Carpenter and Rory Byrne. Rory and Magnolia were those two people you shouldn't put next to each other because the only thing coming from the two were laughs. They could be a disturbance to other students, but they honestly didn't care that much.

Magnolia had at least three sleepovers with Rory over the summer, and it had never been different. The two didn't see each other much during their school hours, as Slytherin and Ravenclaw didn't have many classes together this year, but that didn't stop them from hanging out in between classes.

Elliana Carpenter and Magnolia Cain befriended each other in their second year, while Elliana was a small girl compared to the rest of her pears, she didn't go unnoticed. Her parents were pretty known in the wizarding world and it had given Elliana a lot of stress. Magnolia had been there for her, and she would always be.

At last, Magnolia spotted Axel Voudsen, who wasn't that hard to spot because his eyes were already glued on Rory Byrne. Axel was a pretty popular and outgoing Slytherin students, who took pride in sport but also didn't let his grades slip. He was currently the team Captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team. 

He had send Magnolia a letter one day, asking if she wanted to hang out with him, but to specifically ask if Rory wanted to be there as well.

One thing Magnolia truly was, was a protective friend. And even if it didn't take her long to find out that Axel had a crush on Rory, she fully supported it. And while Axel might not fully admit it to himself yet, he actually really liked the company of both the girls. He was the latest addition to the friend group.

"What if you eat this half, then you take a powernap and I take you to the kitchens later. We can meet up with everyone." Ut was Saturday morning, not that early but for Magnolia everything was early. She still didn't really feel like taking the powernap advice and decided to agree with the rest of Tillie's plan anyway.

"I really don't want to take a powernap, it will effect my sleep at night and you know it." Magnolia gave Tillie a knowing look, it made them eventually both chuckle.