four.

♰.. LOVER TO LOVER
chapter oo4.

From afar Magnolia could see an irritated Rory come her way. She had her arms folded over her chest and her head focused on the path before her, she didn't really look at who she bumped into, until she caught sight of Magnolia and her face brightened a bit.

"Why is there only a dark cloud above your head?" Magnolia was rested against the right wall of the corridor the two stood in. Magnolia's school hours had already been over for a while and promised to wait up for Rory after her History of Magic class, but Maggie had never seen Rory this annoyed before.

In her History of Magic class, the class was asked to answer some questions, that they had to learn for. Rory had fully prepared herself for the questions with Magnolia, who had reassured her that she would just be fine. Rory was confident when she entered the class, but left with an irritated expression.

Because not only did Rory learn well for this small test, so did Remus Lupin.

Remus and Rory had always been academic rivals in a way, Rory hated the Marauders, she despised the lot of them, Remus kind of enjoyed annoying Rory. But this time Rory really came to her limit.

He had decided to put his hand up every time Rory decided to do so, and got everything right before her. But to make matters even worse, she had to work on an assignment together with him. Chosen personally by their teacher, she had made pairs and Rory couldn't be more angry than she was right now.

"Guess who I have to work on a stupid History of Magic project with?" Rory spat out, kind of still an annoyance tone in her voice, but Magnolia knew she didn't mean it to come out that way. "Let me think. . one fourth of the Marauders?"

"I am so sick of him trying to prove that he is somehow smarter than me, last year I got I beat him in most of our subjects and somehow he has gotten me this angry." Magnolia rubbed Rory's back in a comforting manner. She sighed and looked directly into Rory's eyes. "I think. . that you are getting a little bit obsessed."

"Obsessed? With him?" Rory gasped and rolled her eyes at Maggie, not believing what she trying to tell her. "Definitely not."

Magnolia wondered if her hatred for the Marauders had never been, if Rory and Remus would have gotten along. She knew her friends had their reasons to not like the Gryffindor group, but it didn't start when Magnolia had been bullied so much she hated herself for it. Her friends had been there for her, and had decided to never associate with the Marauders, for good.

"We could study with you to make it less awkward." Magnolia proposed to try and lighten her mood, but when Rory gave her a look, Maggie gave up. "As if you would study with me, if there is a marauder around, you leave."

"Well, that is technically not fully true. ." Magnolia scratched the back of her neck and looked anywhere but at Rory for a moment. She felt awkward, because it wasn't that big of deal that she had seen Sirius Black make out with Andrea in the Hogwarts library. As seeing Sirius make out with someone wasn't that rare, but Maggie hadn't told Rory about it yet.

"What? What did you do Mags?" Rory playfully pushed Magnolia's side as they walked through the Ravenclaw portrait, after Magnolia had given the answer to the riddle under her breath.

"Nothing, I did nothing." Maggie cleared her throat and walked up the stairs to her dorm, to only find it empty that afternoon. "When Ellie, August, Tillie and I went to study with the Gryffindor girls, we had to watch Sirius Black make out with Andrea in the corner left from us."