Prologue

2115, the city glows at night. Amidst colossal constructions and alleys illuminated by neon panels, letters and ideograms blend into the landscape, hovering like the noisy holograms that torment those who dare to walk the dangerous streets of Alpha City. On the highways, cars hover low over the ground, leaving behind a red trail of taillights and raising dust as they pass. There are also those who prefer to feel the tires massaging the asphalt; the NeoBōsōzoku motorcycle gangs cut through the streets, causing chaos and running red lights.

The mayor of Alpha City, his wife, and children are dead. The gangs that dominate the city's districts celebrate. A collapse is imminent, and the police department has no chance against the entrenched criminality in the city's history. The major corporations and private security firms also play their role on the streets, exerting influence and sometimes ruthlessly killing those unlucky enough to cross paths with their agents in the streets.

In the 22nd century, Cybernetic Implant Clinics (CIC) are beginning to emerge. The corporate suits struggle to decide whether it's a legal business or not, while the CICs operate somewhere between legality and clandestinity. They are a hit among the youth who want all kinds of implants yesterday. Ocular interfaces, mechanical arms, enhanced synthetic organs, especially livers, to endure daily drinking binges.

Meanwhile, the average population suffers from uncertainty, misery, and seemingly endless injustice. Children grow up dreaming of a better life, climbing the social classes, and living among the high-rises of the big city. Most find their way into gangs and the dirty jobs that no one else would dare to do. Thus is Alpha City, full of lies, promises, and mercenaries.