2~ IN THE BEGINNING (II)

The hall fell silent....
Immediately after, people started to whisper around, the whole hall fell into chaos. With words of confusion, discouragement, annoyance people gibbered.
"My name is Detective Samantha Stone" she spoke silencing the whole hall. She amazed me with how forward she was I didn't even know how to feel about her. I liked she was firm but discouraging us may be her way of keeping us on our toes? I wondered.
"I don't know what you've read about the courses on criminology in other universities but what you learn here and now will put you in an advantageous position" she explained. "You may think whatever you want, whether I'm overreacting or exaggerating but all I know is that this isn't going to be easy for anyone, there will be more hands-on classes that theoretical" she went on.

"Some of you may get injured, some of you will see things you'll never be able to forget because to catch and find a criminal no matter how dangerous, you must be able to think like every category of criminal, so let me make it clear now, if you're not ready for what's ahead you may leave this hall..." She made very clear.

There was a little whispering before two girls and a guy got up while saying "This isn't what we signed up for is it, like fuck I'd get killed" barely over a whisper.

The rest of the hall seemed pretty confident in their abilities and so did Tiffany and I as we smiled to ourselves. "So the rest of you are willing to put your well being at risk to become whatever it is you wish?" She questioned.
"Yes ma'am!" Everyone yelled. I was speechless...did she really just get everyone pumped up for this??? It was getting exciting and I was thrilled for what would come after. Finally, I was where I'd belonged, with people who shared the same goal. Now I had to make sure I was the best no matter what, didn't come to play around in this woman's shitty game and get killed.

"Now onto business, let's start with this" she said while holding up an apple. We were confused at first, then she rotated the apple to show a piece of chewed gum stuck to it."Ewww" Tiffany whispered.
"Someone thought it would be
funny to play a highschool prank in university and stuck a piece of chewed gum on the apple left in this drawer for me" she said then smirked.

"How'd you know it was any of us? It could be anyone really" a guy on the right end of the class asked.
For a moment she scanned the room then walked around the hall crossing each aisle carefully till she landed back to the front of the hall.
"I know you think it's funny but come on you're way too old to be acting like a 7yr old curious about his own dick" she spoke vaguely at first. I wondered what she was talking about.

"Come on, I know it's you... don't look so confused, should I call you out?" She threatened but no one responded. I started to wonder what she was seeing that my eyes couldn't keep up with. I looked around but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary in anyone. I looked down at my table trying to think what it was I wasn't grabbing till I heard some one's breathing become uneven, it was getting heavier. I tried to pinpoint where it was coming  from" W-wait don't tell me..." I paused and turned my head to the back.

"You there.... behind the girl in the hoodie with brown hair " she pointed. Everyone cocked their heads to my direction then looked at the guy behind me......whose breathing was heavy. "You..." I whispered.

"What!? I didn't do that,come on are you being for real right now?" He defended.
"Yes I'm being for real right now" she walked over to him but before reaching him she stops at me "You realized that he was the one before I pointed it out, what did you realize?" She asked almost already knowing what I was about to say.
"His breathing was getting uneven the longer the class remained silent although he was trying to get it under control " I said in a low tone.
She looked at me and smirked with a nod of approval before going on to meet him.

I was on cloud 9, I was so giddy that I almost forgot to pay attention to what she was about to do.
"Someone's happy " Tiffany poked me with her elbow laughing. I smiled "I think I found my role model, tiff" I said.
"Haha no kidding but just you wait you might've caught her eye now but I'm coming for you" she said with a glint of threat in her eye.
"May the best competitor win" I smirked as we high fived each other.

"Before I took out the apple I watched everyone's reaction in this room" Detective Stone started. "Everyone looked exactly as they were when we were talking but you were the only one who tensed up...., that could be for a number of reasons yes, but when I walked around you completely avoided eye contact while looking up at the left of the hall, typical behavior of someone who lies" she explained.

"Then as I passed you, your breathing went from normal to quickened and back to normal as I returned to the front of the class" she further explained.

"I didn't do it alright?! It wasn't me, I don't know what you're talking about, some detective you are!.." he kept glancing to the left as he spoke panicked.

She smiled" Boy at the extreme, left of the class". Everyone turned to another guy in the hall. "Get out of my hall, next time don't play pranks on your superiors" she said firmly.
Everyone was confused. What was she talking about? Wasn't it the guy behind me?

"Huh? So what now you're wrongly accusing me of sticking some chewed mint gum cuz you failed the first time? Are you sure you're an actual detective?" He smirked while resting his arm on the table Infront of him.
Damn how many people don't understand who this woman is??? She looks like someone that could kill you but I have to admit she was confusing people at this point.

She walked over to him and took his jaw roughly in her hand and stuck her tongue in his mouth and kissed him.

I was too stunned to speak.... what was happening?!
I'm guessing everyone else was thinking the same cuz no body made a sound. When she finally pulled away, their saliva connecting till they separate, she smiled at the breathless guy that was all red like he liked it. Some guys in the back whisper dirty shit like"I wish I stuck the gum on the apple, my guy gets a free kiss from a hot babe damn" 
I was fascinated at how easily she could pull it off.

"You like that kid?" Detective Stone smirked. She rested her elbows on his table looking at him"Who told you the gum was mint flavoured, how'd you know that? Can you also explain why you taste like mint?" She questioned.
The guy looking to the side embarrassment written all over his face.

She walks back to the center of the hall"you can still stay don't worry, was just having fun" she alerted him.
"So as you can see not everything is as it seems, the previous guy didn't give off the vibe I thought he would that immediately causing me to realize some else was involved, all I needed was to cause a suitable reaction for me to pinpoint the location of the actual culprit, it was that easy" she smiled.
" I could have just asked for a DNA sample of the suspect but where's the fun in that?" She winked.
"That's all for today I'm tired explore campus or something I'll see you on Monday kids" she smiled and strutted out of the hall

¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢
Hello everyone , how'd you like this one?? I like detective Stone she's pretty badass but oh well who knows what'll happen next.
I'm really looking forward to this books future.
SHOUT OUT TO Sadness _Sucks1343 . Thank you so much 😭😭😂 for being the first.
I've gotta go
Seris checks out....