IT BARELY BEGINS

"Angela........Angela, dad's home."
I heard a familiar voice say.
"Mom?" I questioned but I didn't get a reply.
Since when was my dad ever with us?
I was on my bed but I couldn't get up and I couldn't open my eyes. What was happening?
"Didn't you hear me ? I said  dad's home... Angela?" I could here my mom coming towards the bed I lay on in a place that looked familiar to my room at home.
She came up to me , I tried to call out to her but it was like I was paralyzed and couldn't speak   The air got harder to breathe in.
I saw a silhouette behind my mother and I tried to make out the figure but it wasn't anyone I had seen before.
The figure brought out something from their pocket and put it close to my mom's neck.
It was when she screamed my name  I realized he had stabbed her. Her warm blood running down from her neck and dripping all over his hand and me, terror , horror, trauma.
Screaming till my lungs gave out is nothing but an understatement to what I did as I heard her last words as she smiled at me.
"Save.....him...Angela... Angela........ ANGELA!" Damian shouted.
I shot up from the bed ,tears streaming down my face as I looked around. My throat sore, I realized rubbing at my neck.

Tiffany jumped onto me , hugging me as tight as she could.
Stroking at my hair so gently as I stared blankly at the wall of the room with not a single sound resonating. The silence made me remember what went on in the last few minutes.
Was I asleep? I wondered, I still felt the numbness of my shoulders as I couldn't even lift a finger to hug Tiffany back.
All I could do was wince at the pain in my throat and look around the room realizing everyone from before my eyes shut was here.
Damian who looked at me with a worried expression.
Alyssa who sat beside Jake on the floor of the carpeted room, talking. Tiffany on me and Nicholas at the left corner of the room, scrolling through something on his phone and looking at what seemed to be a map.

Finally breaking the silence Tiffany pulled away from me and looked at me " You were out the longest............and you kept mumbling things in your sleep, then all of a sudden you started crying quietly till you gave an ear piercing scream that finally caused Damian to wake you up because he was worried you had gotten mental side effects from the gas that took us out" she explained.

Yes, that's right. There was a gas that took us out , I remember now. We were all outside talking and then everything started to disappear slowly........ from the people to the entire view, till it all turned green.
Then we were taken out by chloroform.

I wiped my tears and hugged Tiffany " I'm fine now , thanks" I smiled at her. Everyone else turned to me as I realized some people were shocked I was awake.
"Told you the princess would make it" Jake said ruffling his hair.
Alyssa came up to me" You sure you're ok Hun? You can take a rest if you're still not feeling up to it." She assured me.
I was shocked at how tense everyone was but honestly considering the situation, I can understand.
"I'm fine now, don't worry but more importantly, I'd like to know what the fuck happened to us ? Did we get teleported to some fantasy world or something cuz our planet isn't that green." I asked.

" I wish I could say I knew what was happening but sadly we're still thinking it through." Damian replied.
"I'm pretty sure that no matter how serious this university takes criminology, they wouldn't actually take out students even if it's with a harmless gas, that doesn't sound right " Jake grunted as he got up adjusting himself. "It's been that bad that Nicky hasn't said a word since we all woke up , more than likely, he was the first I saw awake here" Alyssa said rather carefully, maybe to make sure he didn't hear her.

I looked over at Nicholas, he seemed so enveloped in what he was doing. I wondered what could be more important than what just happened that had all his attention.
I payed close attention to everyone and saw that some people had been injured.
Nicholas had a bandaged cut on the skin above his ankle.
Jake had a cut on his arm above his elbow at his biceps.
Alyssa and Tiffany seemed fine but Alyssa's hair was looking off.