COMING CLOSE II

The cold breeze and beautifully lit sky almost makes me forget the horrible smell of blood that filled the air.
Honestly I thought if we were at this speed you wouldn't be able to smell the blood, guess I was wrong, or is there some on my shoe?
I straighten up in my seat trying to erase the thought.

"You good?" Nicholas turns to me , his hair flowing as the breeze blows past us.

"Yeah, definitely, just preparing myself for whatever we might face trying to get Damian and the rest back" I say.

He smiles"always on your toes eh?"
"You bet" I laugh.
"Take a turn here?" The driver asks Nicholas.
"Yeah just here" he replies.

I look at the driver carefully, he has an orange tint to his hair.
He wore a tropical shirt in shorts and had black shades on his head.
He looked like he just came back from a trip to the beach.
Not to mention he was good looking too.

" So when are you going to at least tell me your handsome friends name" I smirk and look at Nicholas.

"Handsome?" His face twists with what I hope is jealousy and the driver laughs.
" Carter Stone at your service, milady" he says chirpy.

"Smith?" I immediately wonder if  he's related to detective Stone for some reason, I wanted to ask but I rethink how stone is a common last name.

"Ever heard of some one called Samantha Stone?" I still ask.
"The detective? Of course I've heard of her, she's pretty popular but alas if you mean to ask if we are related, I can only wish" he says with a fake Shakespearen vibe.

" Oh alright " I say, resting my back on the seat.

******************************
We finally reach where Jake had asked Damian to meet them.
"Alrighty, let's do this and get outta here, I'm craving Chinese food" Jake says as he hops out of the car.

Nicholas and I get out behind him.

"I'll stay around and keep hidden till you guys need the ride outta this slaughter venue" Carter said.

Nicholas nodded. Carter drove off and we ran with our heads low into a neighborhood that had a fence dividing itself from the area of the party building.

I looked around for a bit checking behind cars to see if they would be hiding.
Jake signaled to us to come over.
We went over to him and he pointed to the ground behind a car.

"Footprints" he looked up.
"Damian's footprints" Nicholas bent down to examine the footprints.

" How are you sure?" I looked down at him.
He touched the floor " these are the shoes I gave him on one of his birthdays, come on let's keep moving"
What a good brother he was I thought. His relationship with Damian is impressive although they're not brothers by birth.

He stood up to turn around then a figure came around one of the corners of the building beside us and in one quick movement, cocked the gun towards Nicholas' head and almost on instinct I drew a pocket knife from a pouch attached to my thigh and pointed it at the person's neck.

We're still for what felt like minutes till I hear them call out "Nicholas?"

Jake came forward and pushed the gun down"Lyssy?"
"J?" Alyssa replied.
"Did you just call her Lyssy?, I almost laugh at the too cute name.

"Angie?" She says tearily. " I'm so glad you guys are ok" she hugs us and I stroke her hair.
"It's alright Lyss , but we've got bigger problems right now, where's Damian and Tiffany?" I ask.

" They were here when I left" she said wiping her tears away.
"They must've changed position after the call" Jake frowned.

"So that means?" I ask him.
"That he may just know where they are" Nicholas responds for him.
"That's right" he says as he starts moving and we follow him.

******************************
CARTER (POV)

I sit back and relax, still keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary...like three people walking aimlessly in the dead of night in this bloody graveyard.

I get a call and I pick up my phone not glancing at the number knowing who it already would be.
"There's no point in hiding anything from me, you'll come to understand this someday I hope"
The caller says.

"Is there anything else you'd like to say to me?" I say lazily.

"Come on Carter, work with me? What is it?" The caller questions almost making it feel like an interrogation.

"I'm not obliged to tell you anything, now if there's no specific reason for calling me just hang up the-" I stop abruptly.

Two figures walking around in the distance and I begin to believe that they're the the ones we're looking for.
What are they're names again?

"Damian! Tiffany!" I yell out in the distance and the turn to face me they run in my direction.
As they come over , Damian gives me a once over and looks straight at me.

"Been a while eh lad?" He musters a smile.
"Too much of it I'm afraid" I laugh.
I look over to the silver haired girl which I assume is Tiffany.
She looks at me with a weary expression on her face.

"Don't worry, I'm a friend of Damian and Nicholas , no need to worry" I smile reassuring her.

She looks at me once more before turning to Damian who gives her a soft nod.

She then does a whole mood change and gives me a warm smile"Tiffany Adams" she says stretching her hand out.

"Carter Stone, pleasure to meet you" I smile taking her hand in mine as I kiss behind her palm.

I grin up at her who gives me a shocked amused expression.

Damian getting ready to blow my head into the next neighborhood.
We kid around till we see a set of figures walking into a building quite far away.

"That must be them" Damian says but before he tries to call out to them I shut his mouth tightly with my palm and signal to him to remain quiet.
Tiffany tensed me, I could feel it, I hated when things like this happened.
People suffering fates they don't deserve, exposing girls to violence, anger seethed through me.

I let go of his mouth and he shoots me a confused expression and Tiffany a worried one.
As the rest of their friends enter a building I point behind a car, they look to where my finger directs in the cold dark night.

Two more figures are seen following them in.

Tiffany takes a shaky breath with her eyes widened and her jaw clenched "I-is t-that supposed to b-be Damian and I?"

"We've either met your doppelgangers or your crew is in some serious trouble"