Part One: The Time Wound.

"So, you want my blessing on wanting to use an Elder Scroll? Hmmmmm?" Paarthunaax hums in a low voice. The dragon perches on top of his word wall.  I stand below him, looking up at him. Besides me, Sinding, my husband,  stands in awe of the great dragon.  I nod, "Yes, Paarthunaax, I want your blessing. I know that I have the choice to just go down and find it, but I wanted your permission first." 
  The old dragon chuckles and looks at Sinding, "And may I presume that this is your husband?" 
Sinding's eyes got big as I smile, "Yes, sir. He is, and he knows of this task that I am asking you off."  
 Paarthunaax tilts his great big head to the sky and says, "You have past the test then, Dovakiin. I give you permission to retrieve the Elder Scroll of the Dragon." 
My shoulders sag in relief, I wanted the old dragon's blessing as he was the leader of the Greybeards. "Thank you, sir. I will prepare to set out for Mzark at once."
"No so fast," He steps down from the word wall and lands before me. I backup instinctively  as the great dragon burrows his nose into the snow. He exhales a torrent of flame and the snow melts. He lifts his head and suddenly out of the earth erupts a large pedestal.  On the pedestal, a large scroll encased in green crystal sits on top of it. "This is the Elder Scroll of the Dragon, the one in the Tower of Mzark is  a decoy. For any of the unwise who wish to get their hands on it." Paarthunaax says in a low voice. "I keep it near me, not only to protect it from unwanted eyes, but also from Alduin. When you open it, you will see into the eyes of those before you. Of those who banished Alduin to this era." 
I pick up the scroll and its heavy in my arms. "When I look into it, will I be blinded?" I have heard rumors of looking into the Scrolls and losing eyesight from the great power. 
"No, because I am here. And when you look into the past, you will learn a new shout. A shout that will lend your voice to force dragons to land and obey you." Paarthunaax says. Sinding looks at me and says, "She.....will be able to make dragons obey her?" 
Paarthunaax nods, "She will, think on that, young Dovahkiin, and how that can work to our advantage of defeating the dark one." 
  I look at Sinding, "If I don't move from this spot after long enough, shake me. Make sure I can bring myself out of this."  
He nods, "I got your back." 
I smile and give him a small kiss. Turning, I stare up at Paarthunaax, "I'm ready." 
He hums, "Good. Once you open the Scroll, you will not be able to move, but you will be able learn the truth of the past." 
I suck in a deep breath and unroll the scroll. 
  The words start to dance before me and in a blinding light, the world around me stop. But as soon as it disappeared, I see that I am still standing at the Throat of the World, but Paarthunaax and Sinding are gone. Before me, I see the three legends of old: Felldir the Old, the aged Monk, Gormlaith Golden-Hilt, the woman warrior and Hakon One-Eye, who as sure as his name, was missing right eye. They stand together looking to a sky. Dragons swarm everywhere.   
   One gold ones slides on its belly near the three, and Gormlaith plunges her weapon into its skull.  "Damn beasts!" She says. 
   "Do you have it, Felldir? The scroll?" Hakon asks the old monk. 
"Yes, but once we use it, we will create a Time Wound. We will push Alduin so far ahead of his coming that Skyrim will have years of peace a head of us." Felldir replies. 
"But remember, we must shout him down. We have to all shout the Dragonrend shout together." Hakon says. 
"Here he comes!" Gormlaith says, readying her sword. Just as she speaks, Alduin flies into view. In a gust of fire, he consumes Gormlaith in the flames. She tries to fight back but she dies from the impact. Alduin laughs.  
 "Gormlaith! You shall not die in vain!" Hakon exclaims. Both he and Felldir stand together and shout, "JOOR-ZAH-FRUL!" Alduin's wings falter and he falls to earth. He whips his head around violently as he tries to stand. In a quick fit, he snaps Hakon with his jaws and throws him towards the mountains. 
In an instant, Felldir opens the Elder Scroll and the world around him and the dragon are gold. The earth shakes and then in an instant, Felldir is left alone. Alduin is gone, and he looks around himself as the calls of other dragons wail in the distance. "Paarthunaax was right, thank Talos." He says, shaking his head as the scroll drops from his hands to the snow.

>.................................................................................................................................................<

I gasp as my hands drop the scroll. I nearly fall backwards if it wasn't for Sinding. "Easy, easy." he says softly as I look around. I see Paarthunaax perched on his wall, his eyes closed. "Hmmmmm, you saw it, the Time Wound." he says in a low voice.  
  Catching my breath, I nod. "That's what that was? When the Nordic heroes banished him from their era?" 
Paarthunaax hums. "Indeed. Little did we know that he would be sent to our era. I never believed I would ever see him again." 
"See him again?" Sinding asks, "I know you are both dragons, but you have met before?" 
"Oh yes," Says the master of the Greybeards, "I was his lieutenant once. I did many evil in the eyes of many. But one day, my eyes were opened, and I promise to help teach others the Way of the Voice for good. I live everyday trying to repent for the evil I cost against others." 
I feel Sinding's hold tighten on me. "I can say the same for myself." He says, softly.  
"You are a traitor to your own kind, Old One."  
I gasp as Alduin lands in front of Sinding and I. "You think that you can aide this pathetic worm who claims herself as Dovah-kin?" He snarls and lunges for me as Paarthunaax hurls out his fire into Alduin's eyes.  I roll to the ground, away from Sinding as he starts to notch his bow, a gift from Eorlund and starts to fire arrows at Alduin. The dragon flies into the sky, with Paarthunaax following. My chest throbs in anxiety and fear. Alduin was here to stop me, and I felt powerless, then I remembered the shout. The Dragon Rend shout that the Nords used against him before. 
 "JOOR-ZAH-FRUL!"  I shout at the top of my lungs, unsheathing Maiden-Sing. Alduin falters and like a heavy rope, is pulled to the ground. "Good, good!" Paarthunaax says as I rush towards the World-Eater and slash his nose with my knife. He screams as dark blood trickles from his nostrils. I see as arrows pierce his wings and I turn to see Sinding notching another arrow. Alduin's paw slams me back into one of the nearby cliffs as Paarthunaax dives towards the black dragon. Alduin takes off slowly and sneers, "You have not seen the last of me, false Dovah-Kiin." He flies off towards the east. I try to shake the dizziness off but I realize how badly my spine ached.  I struggle to stand up as Sinding rushes towards me. The Old Dragon lands and tilts his head forward as I clumsily lean my hand against one of the cliffs. 
"Are you alright?" Sinding says, putting a hand on my waist, and holding my hand with the other. I grit my teeth, "Yeah, just a little sore in the spine and on my backend, but nothing killer-ow!" I say as I try to stand straighter.  "We need to take you to a healer." Sinding says, he looks at Paarthunaax. "Do you Greybeards have any healers among them?" 
The old dragon nods, "They are all skilled with the healing of the flesh." 
"Sinding, its alright, I'm fine." I say, wincing. "Alduin, he's gone. Where did he go?" 
The Leader of the Greybeards is silent for a moment and then says, "He went into hiding, to recover his strength. Where he now resides, I do not know. But perhaps one of his legion does." 
A twinkle in the Old One's eyes appears and he says, " I have a shout for you that you can use to call one of Alduin's generals. It could become of great service to you one day." He breathes deep and I can feel as his power absorbs into my being, "When you are ready to take on this dragon, just call his name.  The Shout is Od-Ah-Viing." 
I open my eyes as my breath comes back to me. I nod, now having the knowledge of two shouts, one to call a dragon, and one to bring one down. "Thank you, Paarthunaax." I say. I awkwardly touch his nose and he laughs. "I want to see you succeed in the Way of the Voice. You plan to save this world, do you not?" I nod, his kindness and wisdom reminds me of Kodlak. My heart hurts by the thought of that. 
   "I want to save this world, I like it, and don't want to see it burn." I say simply. 
The Old Dragon nods, "Good, then we know where you stand."