Brother got you

Lan Xichen decided that he cannot understand what is going on around him.

With the situation as it is now, he could only get that his brother in law who's wei wuxian had attacked the Jin cultivators which is unreasonable, for his nephew is the current jin sect leader and wei wuxian under any circumstances would never do something to harm him.

Listening again he hears them saying that the man took off to the burial mounds next.
What the holy vegetable!

This cannot happen, his brother's husband  -who slowly through the past three and half years crawled his way into Xichen 's heart to become another brother-  is still recovering from child birth -even though it has been 3 years already- his new body was apparently very fragile still.  Although it was through surgery it was still exhausting and thus wei wuxian had been lazing around on his bed, bunny field and on wangji's laps whenever he was not tending to the baby's needs.

Also how more stupid those people can be? Obviously his brother -who is weirdly enough looks younger than he remembers him-  sitting beside him and is not with wei ying which is impossible.

His brother is known as wuxian's shadow just as much as wuxian is for him.

Wangji and wuxian were always together unless then got into fight which is very very extremely rare but not unheard of. And even then , they never went so far away from each other. Especially for long period of time.

And if it came to that wuxian would either come to him or wangji and tell that he's going to stay in Yunmeng or taking sizhui and jingyi with him on a long term night hunt.

Thus despite his confusion xichen leaned towards wangji and asked, voice low:

"Have wuxian informed you of his departure to the burial grounds, wangji?"
To his utter continued confusion his brother looked perplexed by the question. Startled even
"No" was his only answer

'Lxc direct pov'

*Gasp!* Oh no, oh nO.

Don't tell me they fought so hard and so badly that wuxian decided that he cannot do this anymore!

Unbelievable, my brother in law wouldn't do this. Not until wangji screwed up greatly which is what probably happened . Because up until now, ever since that far shameless confession between the two, wei wuxian was so attached to wangji that he couldn't stay mad at him for so long.

That if he still couldn't forget his frustration and disappointment and upset-Ness at wangji he would still be around.
And if they were away from each other after a fight he tremble in fear of losing him . Of losing someone dear to him.

So , if that wei wuxian ended up deciding to just get up and leave my brother. And by the look of it A-Yuān -with character 渊 (yuān) that means deep, gush forth, that gives the meaning of flowing deep- is not here. Not by my side neither by wangji's and certainly not by his brother who is also not here . My brother really did something so so bad for this to happen.

'end of lxc direct pov'

This cannot happen. Despite what he says Wuxian is still recovering. His body is still vulnerable, not in a way that would kill him or leave him unable to fight but in a way that leaves him short breath. With occasional headaches from time to time. And to think wangji let him alone and broke his heart deeply that he took his precious youngest nephew and left altogether! Xichen cannot accept that

That is why, lan xichen interrupted whoever was speaking and saying some shit about punishing the Yiling patriarch -who is even still using that title nowadays? His youngest brother recruited a new name for himself so fitting. "奔放 : Bēnfàng -jun : unrestrained"- and loudly reprimanded his own brother in the middle of cultivators gathering there from other sects.