1 - The Arrival

"Carter? Is that you!" I hear my father call through the house with his slurred voice.

"Where the fuck have you been?" He slaps me. I hit the ground with a loud thud. Drunk father. Again.

"I was at the goddamn library like I said I would," I said in a normal tone, so he didn't sense any attitude.

"You fucking, liar!" He yelled at me and punched me in the gut. "Where's your mother!?" He continues to yell.

"I thought she was with you," I began to worry.

My mom was the good one. She never hurt me. She only helped. She let me realise I could have a future with this piece of shit father.

"Go to your room!" He screamed, his voice boomed against the walls. It made me jump back a little.

I ran up to my room. I slammed the door closed. I slid down the door on my back, hitting the ground.

I heard the front door open. Relief washed over me. I gathered my legs and got up. I walked myself to the shower, and began to shower.

After my shower, I got dressed and brushed my hair and walked out of the bathroom. I heard muffled voices downstairs. I opened my door a little bit to hear better.

"Will it work?" I hear my moms voice say.

"Yes! We have to get rid of her," my dad said.

Wait. What? He wants to get rid of me? No! Of course he doesn't. He loves me! Right?

"This camp is an easy way to let her be herself without rules." I heard him say. Was he being nice to me? That's a first honestly. I walked down the stairs.

"Okay but how will we--" she was cut off by me entering the kitchen.

"Hey guys!" I grinned.

"What are we talking about? Me?" I smirked. My mom rolled her eyes.

"Let me guess: is that your favourite topic?" She laughed. I laughed with her saying "yes". My dad nudged her. Both faces got serious.

"Honey? We need to tell you something," my mom said, "we are sending you to a summer camp. And before you get upset, we just want you to have fun this summer and not worry about us." She continued.

I took a deep breath. "Yeah, okay fine! Sounds fun," I said, which shocked my parents and myself.

"Come on! Do you have everything?" I hear my mom call through the house. I sigh and lol around my room. I won't be seeing it for a very long time. "Yeah!" I yell back. I zip up my luggage, grab it and head downstairs.

~

[ T H E    D A Y    O F    B E I N G    S E N T   T O    C A M P ]

"Come on! We don't want to be late! Now do you?" My dad raises his eyebrows. I just shake my head and laugh.

"Never, I wouldn't want that," I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes. "Get in the car!" He got serious. "Okay!" I said waving both my hands in the air.

I hopped into the back seat and strapped myself in. I began to look out the window as we drove away. I looked back at the house, I wouldn't be seeing it for 4 months. I felt a tear shed out of my eye. Did my parents really want to get rid of me?

~

[ L A T E R   A T    C H E C K    I N ]

After waiting in line for 2 hours I walked up to a cranky old man.

"Name?" He croaked at me. "Carter Olson," I replied shyly. He gave me the weirdest look. I didn't know why though, I just kept smiling.

"Okay? You will stay in in cabin 3 that-away," he finished croaking and pointed in the direction I should go. I just smiled and nodded, then left.

The walk there was terrible. I felt bugs all over my legs, but soon I approached a big cabin. From the look of it; it was nice, but really loud. I heard screaming and yells of deep voices. Suddenly I was confused. I shrugged it off and went inside. My mouth dropped to the floor.

I was surrounded by, I don't know, like 10 shirtless guys who were yelling at each other. But the second I entered they stopped and looked at me. I could feel my cheeks heat up.

One of them grinned. "You're in the wrong camp little lady," he smirked. He eyed me up and down.

"Uh, actually I was directed to go here," I said straightening my posture.

"What's your name?" He continued to say.

"Carter Olson," I said quietly. I heard an "Ah hah!" from one of the boys.

"Princess," he started. Him saying that made me cheeks blush even more than they already were, "they must of put you in the boy camp because of your name." He finished.

By that time one of them was on the floor laughing. A lot. The tall one kicked him. "By the way my name's Liam," he smiled.

He's cute, but not as hot as the one on the corner bed; not even acknowledging my existence because he's on his phone. He had really blue eyes and brown hair with blonde streaks in it.

I guess Liam noticed me staring because he said, "that's Shane." Shane looked up from his phone and smirked at me and looked me over, up and down. I felt really uncomfortable.

"Well, hello there," he said. His smirk grew. "Hi," I said shyly.

"Not that I really care, but why are you here?" He asked while STILL SMIRKING.

"I got put in this camp because of my name, which is Carter, so they think I'm a boy," I said quickly.

He stared at me for a few seconds and then busted out laughing. I just stood there with my foot rubbing the back of my leg.

"Hey!" Liam yells, everyone gets quiet and their attention is put towards him.

"Where is she gon' sleep? I doubt they still have room left for her at the girl camp," he finished. Wow. Liam was right. Where am I going to live for the next 4 months of my life?

"She could stay here," a voice chirped from the back of the room. Aw, he was all nerdy. He had a name tag that read 'Kyle'.

"Thanks Kyle!" I smiled. He blushed because I mentioned his name. Which made me chuckle.

"I wouldn't have a problem with that," I hear someone say. Shane. Seriously? He thinks I would stay in the same room as him? Considering his face I probably would.

Maybe this summer won't be that bad?