2 - The Confession

"Okay, well! It's your choice what bed do you want?" Liam asked me. I stuttered a little bit.

There's a total of 9 beds to choose from. Not 10 because Shane took the corner bed. After making them wait 10 minutes for me to choose I still couldn't decide.

"I DON'T KNOW SOMEONE CHOOSE FOR ME, OH MAH LORD?!" I screamed. Catching them by surprise. But then someone spoke.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

"There's one open next to me AND Liam, so you get a BFF and a FWB," Shane smirked.

Does his mouth not get tired from smirking? I gagged at his idea, "aww, come on I know you love my face," he continued.

What to say back:
Lol you couldn't be more right!
As If!
You wish!
Lol lol lol lol lol lol Lol! You're so funny and right!

I decided to go with, "Hah, you couldn't be more right!"

WAIT. I MEANT TO SAY "AS IF"! The fuck? Everyone started laughing. So did I. What I said was pretty funny.

I glance at Shane and he's just sitting there on his phone smirking. For the love of God! I know he heard me. I know he was happy I said that, but didn't want to act like it.

After the laughter died down I sat there in between Shane and Liam. Not as comfortable as you may think.

I was resting on the bed and about to fall asleep when a voice awoke me, "Carter? Are you sleeping?" The voice asked, which I immediately recognised, Liam.

"Yes, go away!" I reply and tried to fall asleep again.

"No you're not! Get up!" He laughed and ripped the blankets off me. I groaned and turned to him. He was smiling a very annoying smile. I looked around and realised everyone was gone.

"Where is everyone?" I asked clearly being curious. "They went to lake and I was ordered to bring you by Shane."

I groaned at the sound of his name. That douche is going to make this camp Hell.

I rolled my eyes and groaned while getting up. I walk towards the door when I hear Liam clearing his throat. "What?" I asked turning around. His face was really red. "You, um, forgot pants," he said quietly.

I looked down and realized that I'm in my underwear. I laughed. A little while after that Liam started laughing nervously with me. He's so funny.

I grabbed some shorts and left the cabin when I hear my name being called from behind, "CARTER!" Liam yells. "You forgot about me," he says. I giggled at that.

"No I didn't, you were just too slow," I laughed. He was silent. "That's not what the girls tell me," he stated. I gasped. Did he seriously say that? "Yeah, I did," he said. Guess I was talking out loud again. I don't mean for these things to happen.

We reached the lake and one guy, who's name I think was Ryder, yelled, "what took y'all so long?" I didn't really want to say I forgot pants, so I just shrugged.

It was pretty quiet until heard someone whisper, "I bet Liam was getting it."

I pretended I didn't hear that and continued to walk towards the lake. I sat down close to the water, when I felt someone sits down next to me. I look up and see Liam, he looks pissed. "What's wrong?" I asked him.

He stays quiet for a while looking into the sunset until he finally speaks, "I hate people who make stupid assumptions," he said through his teeth.

"What?" I was so confused.

"Oh, you didn't know? Well, everyone thinks you were giving me head. Which you weren't. So I'm upset," he finished. All I managed to say was, "oh".

We sat there in silence when I let my head rest on his shoulder. I heard a lot of comments about that like, "GET SOME!" or "Liam's getting it on!".

Not long after that Liam got up and marched away angrier than he was. Everyone was laughing and having a good time, but as Liam passed them they got quiet. I got up and chased after him.

"Liam! Liam!" I called trying to find him. I saw him punching a tree. "Liam!" I called again to get his attention.

He looked up with tears in his eyes then he looked down at his hands. I looked down as well. I gasped his knuckles were bleeding.

"Are you ok? Why did you do this?" I attacked him with questions. He just started crying more.

I gave him a hug and he fell into my arms and broke down. I tried calming him down as we walked towards the cabin. Once we got there he ran towards his bed and screamed into his pillow.

"Liam tell me what's wrong," I demanded.

"Fine! I have roomed with those guys every summer for the past 4 years, each year they bring girls into the cabin and "do it", even Kyle, except for me. They always made fun of me because I was still a virgin. And now they think I'm so desperate to lose it to you, the first girl I saw this year," he stated.

I looked at him. I could tell he was hurt by all this. "You are?" Is all I could say.

"Yeah, I know I said something else earlier. I only said that because I didn't want you to know, but now you do," he said. His face was sad and stained with tears. I felt so bad.

"If it makes you feel better, I'm still a virgin too," I mumbled. He looked up at me.

"You are?" He asked.

"Yeah! In fact I've never had a first kiss or date or boyfriend," I continued. He began to laugh.

"Seriously? But you're so pretty," he said. I blushed at that.

"No I'm not! But nice try, trying to make feel good about myself," I laughed.

We continued to talk about random things.

Then he said, "you seriously haven't had a first kiss?" I took a deep breath.

"Yeah, I know, I'm lame!" I said.

He looked bewildered. "What? No! That's awesome, it tells me that you have something that most girls don't have, self-worth," he said. I blushed and looked down.

"Why do you look down when you blush? You're cute when you blush," he said while putting his finger on my chin lifting my head.

I started to lean in, but he turned away. Which left me feeling completely awkward.

"I'm not taking your first kiss, I'm letting you wait till the perfect moment," he smiled. I smiled back at him. He is so sweet.

He kissed my cheek instead and gave me a hug. "Was that your first cheek kiss too?" He said and I laughed. "No! I get those from my parents all the time!" I laughed and he laughed with me.

Our laughter died down when he sat on my bed right next to me. I pulled out my phone and started to look at Twitter. Liam decided to look at my phone too, so his head was on mine to see better.

At that very moment Shane came in. His face was unreadable, but he didn't look happy.

"What? Are you guys dating now?" He asked.

"No!" Why would he think that? "We were being the BFF's you wanted us to be," Liam said.

Shane rolled his eyes and continued towards his little corner. He pulled out his phone and began texting someone.

I don't know what's wrong with Shane, but he has a bad way of acknowledging people around him.

I ignored him though and kept scrolling through Twitter when Liam took my phone. "What are you doing?" I asked.

He ignored me. He went to spotlight search and looked up contacts. He started to add a new contact and added his number in. I think. Because the name was "💦Hawt Boo💦".

I laughed and took my phone back and texted him so he'd have my number.

So far, this summer is off to an ok start.