Chapter 3 - A bad evening

Hyunjin's POV

I stared at the door for a while longer, which the boy slammed shut. This was probably the first time I got such a dramatic reaction back. I didn't say anything inappropriate at all. On the contrary, he should be glad that I didn't kick him out in the first few seconds, after he had absolutely no idea what he was doing, where he was, or who I was.

Too bad, I really liked him. I wanted to have him. He seemed like a confused schoolboy who doesn't know anything about life yet. At first, he looked like all the others who gladly accepted my offers. That's why I deduced that he might be interested in my proposal.

"Whatever." I sighed out loud and shrugged. And just as quickly as I left the building, I quickly forgot about the hot-blooded, freckled boy.

On the way in the car, I thought for a while whether I should try to call one of my old contacts, but I wasn't in the mood. It was all the same over and over again. Nothing extra exciting. In the beginning, everything always goes well, it's purely about physical pleasure, and then it's like something switches in their heads and they want a full-on romantic relationship. Pffft. As if I had the time and nerve for such a thing.

Well, at least today I'll enjoy an evening alone after a long time, maybe paint something and treat myself with a quality sleep.

I was looking forward to it so much that I was almost angry when I got to my apartment and found out that the lights were on, and women heels were thrown by the entrance.

"Haneul?!" I called to her and took off my boots myself.

"In the kitchen!" She yelled back at me.

"You know, sometimes I regret giving you the keys." I told her as soon as I saw her eating everything in my fridge.

"Oh please. Here you go, I made some for you too." She ignored my objections and handed me a sandwich.

"Thank you. Aren't you supposed to be on a date?" I was curious and took a bite.

"Yes, I am! But the jerk talked himself out of it at the last minute. Look at me, I've spent so much time getting ready, and in the end it doesn't even matter!" She cursed while pointing at her skintight black dress that perfectly accentuated every curve of her body.

"What a traitor." I gasped and put my hand on my chest dramatically, then Haneul punched me in the shoulder. "Honestly, it's his loss, you look great." I tried to improve my score.

"You think so?" She glared at me and suddenly crossed the distance between us. "It'd be a shame to let it go to waste, what do you say?" She was so close to my face that she could whisper the words and I could perfectly hear everything she just said.

"I see that nothing is really going according to plan today." I commented on the entire situation. First the unexpected meeting at Interium corp., then my proposal was rejected by Mr. Lee, and now Haneul is here with me.

"You enjoy being spontaneous more anyway." She whispered in my ear, brushing her lips against my earlobe. In short, that girl knows both me and my body well. So, I turned my face to meet her eyes and connected our lips in an agreeing kiss.

Felix's POV

I was coming home with a bad feeling in my stomach. Not only was I still dumbfounded by Mr. Hwang's utter arrogance, but I lost another negotiation and thus lost the contract. I cursed myself for relying on Chris to give me the updated documents and was already mentally signing the termination of employment. They won't let it slide this time. Chris had helped me countless times and this was my last chance. And I screwed it up. And I was most saddened by letting Chris down after all he had done for me.

Sighing, I unlocked the door to the apartment complex I lived in. As I passed a crowded mailbox that had my name on it, I decided to finally pick out its contents. Several advertising flyers and unfortunately several non-payment reminders fell out. I didn't even bother to read them all and made my way to the elevator, which was out of order again.

Today couldn't be better.

So, I shuffled up the stairs to the fourth floor, where I unlocked the door to my rented apartment with a jingle of keys and immediately kicked off my shoes and loosened my tie. I walked through the hall into the small kitchen, where a pile of unwashed dishes grabbed my attention. I really should clean up here. It was not a bad apartment, although it was rather small, but it was enough for one person. I should take better care of it here. But I'm not in the mood today.

I started boiling water in the kettle and prepared a bowl of instant noodles. I feel like I'm not eating anything else. And I probably won't eat anything else for a long time if I lose my job.

I sat down with my instant noodles on the couch I was also sleeping on and looked for something on Netflix to wind down after such a terrible day.

But it didn't work very well because I kept thinking about my meeting with Mr. Hwang. What an arrogant jerk. He's probably used to have his way all the time. He was totally unprofessional. Is he used to treating everyone like this?

I angrily marched to the shower after eating. I waited for the water to be warm enough while watching myself in the mirror. What was that supposed to mean about the pretty face and the dinner? Was he kidding or was he serious as he claimed later? And if he was serious, how did he know I would go to this kind of dinner with a man?

Sighing, I stepped into the shower and started washing myself with the cheap shower gel I was running low on. Who would've ever thought that someone like me would meet the legendary Hwang Hyunjin and slam the door in his face. This ensured the end of my career in this industry.

I brushed my teeth and went to lie down on the couch, which already made my back ache. I tried to sleep, but my conscience kept bothering me. What am I going to do at work on Monday when I have to tell Chris that it didn't work out?

I looked at the time on my phone, it was getting late. And as if Chris was reading my mind, I had one unread message from him.

Best Leader 🐺

So how did it go?

Sent 8:16 p.m

The feeling of anxiety came over me again. It must've been clear to him when I didn't text back for so long.

Not great😭

Can we talk about it?

Sent 11:25 PM

I didn't even have to wait long. Chris was probably waiting impatiently for my answer on the other end.

Oh my god, Felix 🤦🏻‍♂️

We'll talk about it on Monday before work

Sent 11:27 PM

I couldn't tell if Chris was angry or disappointed or both. And unfortunately, I won't find out until Monday. Now I have a nerve-wracking weekend. Nevertheless, I was a little relieved that he already knew about it, and I was able to fall asleep thanks to it.

But before I fell into a deep sleep, I remembered Hwang Hyunjin flirting with me with that smug smile of his. And if it weren't for all those circumstances, I might have liked it, and I hated him for that.

***

A/N: Hello my lovely readers! <3 How are you? What do you say about the story so far? I know that there's not that much happening yet BUT I'm bursting with ideas lately and even though I really wanted this story to be somewhat shorter than Balance I think I'm failing this attempt because I have so much stuff in my head for characters' developement and plot twists that I really want to have in the story that I guess it's going to be another long one haha. I hope you don't mind! I'm posting a rather short chapter today, but I'm actually working on another one as we speak, so you can expect another chapter coming out also this week!  ^^ If you're at school/work I hope you'll have a successful day and if you're having a day off I hope this chapter helped you relax. Talk to you soon! 💕