Chapter Five

Later at night, Enid was weeping on the blanket on her bed while frustratingly hit her blanket multiple times.

Wednesday came through the huge window of her and Enid's shared room with Thing before closing the door on the window again.

Enid looked up from her bed and looked behind her to see her roommate. "Where have you been?" Enid cried out as she stood up and walked towards the raven-haired girl. "I'm literally having a heart attack now. Yoko's in the infirmary!"

"What happened?" Wednesday asked as she stood still and looked at the pacing girl. "Garlic bread incident at dinner. She had a major allergic reaction, which means she's out of the Poe Cup and I don't have a co-pilot."

"It wasn't an accident. Bianca's behind it." Wednesday quickly deduced.

"How do you know?"

"Doesn't matter." Wednesday deflected to tell that she had been spying on the siren. "You and I are going to take her down tomorrow."

Enid stopped pacing as she turned her full attention to Wednesday. "Wait. You're joining the Black Cats? You're willing to do that?" Enid asked as she took a step forwards, making Wednesday take one back. "For me?"

"I want to humiliate Bianca so badly that the bitter taste of defeat burns in her throat." Wednesday spoke.

"Yeah, but mostly you're doing it because we're friends, right?" Enid asked, making Wednesday turn around. "Tell me how she keeps winning."

"It's a real brain cramp. The past two years, no other boat has made it across and back without sinking."

"Sounds like sabotage."

"There are no rules in the Poe Cup, and she is a siren, which makes her master of the water."

Wednesday turned back towards Enid before speaking up. "Then we just need to beat her at her own game."

○●○

"So, Poe Cup today." Y/N said as he and Olivia were walking along the four different colored tents. "I heard Yoko was sick."

"She is." Olivia nodded. "She won't be joining the Black Cat's today."

"So, who will fill her place?" Y/N asked confused before seeing none other than Wednesday Addams walking out of the black and white tent with her usual expression. She was dressed in a skin-tight shiny, pleather cat costume with small, black cat ears on her head.

Enid stood beside her as she was dressed in the same costume, only difference was that her lips had black lipstick and she had whiskers on her face

Enid stood beside her as she was dressed in the same costume, only difference was that her lips had black lipstick and she had whiskers on her face. "OMG, you look purr-fect!" she said as she was very proud of the pun, Wednesday... not so much. "Only thing, where are your whiskers?"

"Ask again, and you'll be down to eight lives." Wednesday responded as Enid couldn't help but uncomfortably smile.

"Shit

"Shit." Y/N softly chuckled, seeing Enid practically dragging Wednesday to the rest of the Black Cat's. "Didn't know she had it in her."

"Who? Enid or Wednesday?" Olivia asked her Alpha, making him shrug. "Both."

Soon after, rousing fanfare started playing as the different teams got into their respective canoes. The rest of Nevermore stood around the teams as the fanfare continued.

Ajax looked over and smiled at Enid. But instead of smiling back, she looked away from him and looked ahead of her.

"Focus." Wednesday whispered, seeing Ajax's action.

"What do we have here?" Bianca smiled, making Wednesday looked to her left to see the siren. "The runt of the litter."

"For the record, I don't believe I'm better than everyone else. Just that I'm better than you." Wednesday spoke before Principal Weems spoke up in a microphone.

"I want to welcome you all to the Edgar Allan Poe Cup. This is one of Nevermore's proudest annual traditions, dating back 125 years. Each team must row across to Raven Island, pull a flag from Crackstone's Crypt, and hustle back without sinking or being sunk. First team to cross the finish line with their flag wins the cup and bragging rights for a year, as well as some special privileges. Let the Poe Cup begin!" Weems shot a bullet in the air as the four groups got their signal that the Poe Cup had begun.

The canoes were pushed away further into the lake as the groups started paddling.

The students and teachers of Nevermore clapped and cheered as they saw the groups paddling away.

"Who do you think will win?" Olivia asked as she watched the competition.

"I have a good feeling about the Cats." Y/N shrugged. "I think Wednesday might have something up her sleeve."

"I think the Gold Bugs will win." Olivia smiled.

"Don't go for the safe answer!" Y/N laughed. "Just because they win all the time, doesn't mean they'll win now."

"But like you said, it's the safe answer." Olivia shrugged.

"Boring." Y/N muttered.

○●○

The Black Cats ended up winning the Poe Cup. Every member was very happy that they had won. Everyone except Wednesday, of course.

Instead, Wednesday was thinking about the vision she had experienced.

But before she could give that any thought, Enid's loud voice was heard again.

She and the rest of the Black Cats were with their friends. "I knew we could do it!" the blonde cheered.

"I did too."

Enid turned around to come face to face with her Alpha. He had a small smile on his face. "I had a good feeling."

Enid turned back to her friends and muttered something before they walked away, leaving the two werewolves alone.

"Look, I'm sorry about--"

"I'm sorry." Enid cut Y/N off. "I shouldn't have reacted the way I did."

"No, I should've told you about them." Y/N quickly replied. "It's my fault."

"Let's say it's both of our faults." Enid chuckled.

"Sure." Y/N nodded. "Tomorrow is Outreach Day. Would you like to go for coffee, maybe? Or tea?" the teen asked. "I could catch you up on them."

"If we have the same location, sure." Enid shrugged. "We could go out for coffee."

"Great." Y/N smiled. "Thanks."

"No problem." Enid softly smiled before turning around and walking back to her friends, feeling like her heart was about to explode.

Meanwhile Y/N was exited for finally getting a secret off of his chest. At least, one of them.