Chapter Six

Principal Weems clapped, getting everyone's attention before speaking. "All students will report for their volunteer jobs at 10:00 a.m. sharp, followed by a community lunch at 1:00. As you know, this year Outreach Day culminates in a very special event, the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square, which will also include performances by Nevermore students."

"How exiting." Olivia muttered as Y/N couldn't hold back a smile from forming. He saw Enid giggling with her friends as Weems continued.

"As representatives of our school, I trust you all will put your best face forward."

The different teachers started handing out small envelopes as the students quickly looked to see what activity they got.

"Yes!" Enid smiled as she hopped in front of Wednesday. "I got Pilgrim World. I do have natural people skills and a love of performing, so it's kind of the obvi choice." she told the raven-haired girl. "What'd you get?"

Wednesday opened her envelope to see her activity. "Uriah's Heap, whatever that is."

"Ew. It's this weird, creepy antique store." Enid quickly explained. "You'll love it though." she awkwardly chuckled as Wednesday just stared at the blonde.

"I'm crossing my claws Ajax and I won't be outreaching together." Enid looked back at Ajax to see him looking back at her before she quickly turned back to face Wednesday.

"You're hoping for Y/N, right?" Wednesday deduced. "Hoping to impress your precious Alpha."

Enid blused before Weems walked towards Wednesday. Enid thanked the principal in her head before walking back to her friends.

"What did you get?" Y/N asked Olivia, who sighed. "Weathervane. You?"

"Uriah's Heap." Y/N smiled.

"Do you wanna trade?" Olivia asked her Alpha, who quickly shook his head. "Nah. You go and have fun."

"Really?" Olivia asked, making Y/N hum. "Have fun."

○●○

After the bus arrived in Jericho, all of the students walked out of the bus. Weems led them to the area where the preformences would take place.

Everyone took a seat on one of the chairs there before the mayor spoke up. "Welcome, welcome, Nevermore Academy. Now, on behalf of the entire Jericho community, we are so, so pleased to have you all here today. Your generosity and hard work are truly... outreachous!" Walker laughed before clearing his throat as Weems walked up to stand beside him.

"Okay, everyone. We'll see you back here at one o'clock for lunch. Enjoy!"

The studens made their way to their respective activities. Wednesday quickly walked to her roommate. "Enid."

Enid turned around to see Wednesday trying to hand her her envelope. "Switch volunteer assignments."

"What? No." Enid made a face of disgust. "Uriah's Heap is definitely not my bag."

"It's an emergency. I need to check out Pilgrim World."

"But Wednesday, this is not a fair trade." Enid pointed out. "Why would I agree to spend the entire day at some dumpy emporium of crapola?"

"Because you and Y/N will be there alone." Wednesday shrugged.

"Really?" Enid almost gasped.

"Yes. I overheard him and Olivia. But if you're not interested--" Wednesday turned around to walk away before Enid grabbed Wednesday's assignment with a smile.