Prologue

Todd is swirling with nerves by the time the car halts to a stop in front of Welton Academy. He knew it wouldn't be much different than it is at home, he would always live in the shadow of his older brother. As soon as he steps out of the car he is stopped by his father.

"Don't embarrass us in there.", He spat out.

Todd nodded, "I won't".

He rushed through the campus to get to the ceremony on time. Todd shuffled into his seat just as the bagpipes began to fill the hall. The door opened and four boys holding big banners filed out. The boy holding the "excellence" banner caught his attention.

Todd couldn't think of anyone that was more beautiful than him. As the boy strode down the carpet Todd kept his eyes on him. His attention was only brought back to the ceremony when he was pressured by his father to answer the question, "What are the four pillars?"

"Tradition. Honor. Discipline. Excellence"

When the ceremony was finally done with, Todd was dragged over to the headmaster Mr. Nolan.

Mr.Nolan shook Todd's hand remarking,"You have some big shoes to fill, young man. Your brother was one of our finest."

Of course, it's always about him.

   His parents leave with nothing more than a slight wave, but when he turns to find his dorm he is interrupted with a tap on his shoulder.

"Hey! I hear we're gonna be roommates."

   Todd turns around to see the boy from the ceremony. He notices that he's much more handsome up close. He can even see the mole right next to his lip. The boy noticed his stare and grasps his hands.

  "Hi, I'm Neil Perry!" He says with a warm smile spread over his face.

"I'm Todd Anderson." He splutters out

   Neil looks at him with a familiarity, "Any relation to Jeffrey Anderson?"

   He looks down at his feet, "Yeah uh he's my older brother I guess he was sort of a big deal around here.." Todd says attempting to sound nonchalant.

  "I guess he sort of was!" Neil says with a slight chuckle

   Todd looks back up relieved that there were no further questions about his brother.

   Neil hoists Todd's bags up with his own," So, how about we get going to our home for the next couple months.".