Hokkaido

~flashback~

"Kocho."

"Tomioka! I didn't expect for you to actually show up. I was about to leave, you ready? We'll take a train to Hokkaido."

We walked to the train station and boarded quickly. We had a nice conversation while riding, I spoke a little more than what I usually do.

"Hokkaido is known for their ramen and beautiful scenery. Let's get a bowl while we're there!" Shinobu sparked a conversation.

"If we have time. Let's focus on the mission Kocho. What did you hear about this demon?"

Shinobu thought for a moment, "My crow told me that those who witnessed a death describes a white child-like creature. Red eyes, spikey head horns."

"That's a demon for sure." I responded.

She did her poke-poke thing as the train ride progressed, and she got bored. "Tomiokaaaa-san, poke poke."

I didn't understand what a 'poke poke' was, Shinobu had told me in the past it was a friendly gesture. But in my opinion it was trivial. I didn't mind too much though.

The both of us decided to take a quick nap as the ride went on.

We arrived in Hokkaido, I stepped off the train and she followed

We arrived in Hokkaido, I stepped off the train and she followed. "Keep an eye out, the night is still young." I said. We walked through town before reaching a secluded neighborhood. "Tomioka, I believe this is the neighborhood my crow told me where the majority of the deaths were happening."

Our guards were on high alert, hands ready to draw our Nichirin-blades at any given moment. A figure appeared a couple steps ahead of us. We approached the figure slowly and quietly.

I had mistaken it for a small lost child at first, until we saw it going to town at a human body.

Shinobu reflexed her arm to stop me from walking forward. "It's a demon."

The demon turned around, and was about to use a blood demon art but Shinobu already was 5 steps ahead.

"Insect Breathing, Butterfly Dance. Caprice" She penetrated the demon with poison immediately.

She turned around and smiled after unleashing her signature move, "That's how you do it."
It was a weaker level demon, so the poison worked effectively as soon as her blade went through its body.

"Wait...Tomioka behind you!" A demon approached my back. Luckily, I reacted quick enough and sliced its head off without even needed a breathing style. Light work.

"Okay! Let's do a quick sweep of the city to make sure we got all the demons, then celebrate with ramen!" Shinobu cheered.

~~
"You should try some of mines and I'll try some of yours!" Shinobu insisted as she fed a spoon of a bit of her ramen to me. I did the same with my spoon to her.

The ramen was actually pretty good. It nearly made me smile, I didn't say much though. I enjoyed spending time with my co-Hashira, and my friend.

~end of flashback~

That was one of the happiest days I had while still working as the Water Pillar. Of course there were others, but I think that was one of my favorite memories.