~Nothing to be scared of~

SEVEN POV

I was just about to fall asleep when I heard gentle knocking at my door.
"Hello?" I croaked. The door gently squeaked open and I saw Mono standing in the doorway, slightly hunched over. Even in the darkness of the room, I could see he looked nervous. "Do you need something?" I say up on the bed, rubbing my eye.
"I... I had a nightmare... I just didn't want to be alone..." He sounded like he'd been crying.

I sighed sympathetically.
"Come here." I held my arms out to him, beckoning him over. He cautiously walked up to me and fell into my arms. I wound my arms tight around his waist and kisses his cheek. "Was it, the same thing again..?" I asked as I tangled my hand into his hair. Mono had nightmares nearly every night. He used to know someone called Six who... didn't treat him very well. The memories of her still haunt him to this day.
"Mhm... I feel bad making you look after me like this... it's stupid that I'm scared anyway."
"Don't say that sweetie. You had a nightmare and you got scared. That's not stupid or embarrassing."
"I know it isn't real though. It just... feels so..."
"Seriously, you don't have to explain yourself. Fear is usually irrational. We can't explain why we're scared, we just are. There isn't anything wrong with it. He started sniffling.

"You can cry if you need to." He buried his face in my shoulder and started crying quietly. I cradled his back as I gently shifted him so I was holding his in my arms, him looking up at me with wet eyes. I smiled at him as I wiped away a stray tear. I let my hand linger on his cheek and he calmly leaned into my touch. He was so adorable.

"Uhm... would you maybe mind if... I slept here tonight..? With... you?" His voice got more squeaky and quiet with every word. I blushed as I chuckled softly and lay him on my chest.
"Of course. If it makes you feel better." I pushed his bangs away from his face and gently kissed his forehead.

I pulled a blanket over us and felt him nuzzle into my neck. I wrapped my arms tight around his waist. Well, not too tight that I hurt him, but just tight enough so he felt safe. I pressed a kiss into his hair and started drifting off.

Just before I went off though, I heard a little mumble.

"Thanks Seven..."
.
.
.
.
.
.
I had a nightmare last night that I'm still thinking about 😨

Anyway, yay I liked writing this!

Cyaa love youuuu 💞