VIII-Plaster

"Ouch! Can't you be more gentle?! And stop laughing! It isn't a funny situation!" I glare at this white panda lady in front of me!

"Wahahahaha! Sorry Jendeuk! I really can't believe that you run and tripped yourself on the stairs!" She is still laughing and I still glare at her. But slowly, I'm starting to relax the crease on my eyebrows. I started to smile creepily.

'Slowly Jennie, you're getting there.' I thought to myself.

The smile on her face are slowly fading when she notice that I am looking straight into her eyes. That's my cue. I got her attention then I slowly, super slowly lean forward until theres only a small space between our face. At the same time the creepy smile on my face is getting wider.

"Jeenn... Heheee... Whhaaat's happeningg to yooou? Yyooouu'reee creeeepiiing meee ouut."

I did not bother on moving away from her and got closer a little more. By this time, I reached the maximum point of my smile with my teeth showing. I waited a few more seconds to grow more confusion on her mind then I say 'BOOO!'. Not loud, just the same level of my speaking voice. I saw her gasped. And was about to move away from me. I cannot hold my laughter anymore so I bursted out laughing in front of her.

"You're so childish! Aish!" She said.

"Oh really?! Coming from the one who started this scary things?!" She shook her head while smiling and let this one pass. What did I say to you readers at the very first chapter? 'I always win.'

"All done, now rest. You owe me the information you've gathered from the orphanage." She finished putting some topical cream and plaster on my wound at the middle of my right knee.

"Is that the reason why you are still awake at 2am?! You're waiting for me to know what happened in the orphanage?!" She nodded her head. So that is how important Lisa is to her. She sacrificed her sleeping time but whenever there's an occassion like thanksgiving, she doesn't give a fuck. She will sleep at exactly 9pm. Unbelievable.

Morning came, while having our usual breakfast I told her every little information that I know. She was surprised that Rosie and Lisa are friends. I also told her that I suspected that already that's why I ask her to accompany me to buy our food the day we visit Lisa at the penitentiary.

"Did she talk to Rosie that day?" Jisoo asked.

"I did not ask Rosie about it. But I assumed, yes."

"Are you still going to the penitentiary today? You can't even walk properly."

"Yes I need to see Lisa and discussed with her on what we are going to do on the trial. Though it will look like I will be discussing it with myself." I stand up and try to walk. My wound is at the middle of my knee and I am having a hard time to stand firmly. So I gave up and just dragged my leg. I don't have any other choice anyway. Rosie texted me earlier that she already filed the reopening of the case and the trial will be held one week from now. So we need to act fast.

"Let's go then. I'll drive." Jisoo unnie stands ang grab the car keys on her way out.

I'm about to meet with Lisa again. Why am I feeling nervous everytime I will see her?

Soon enough, we arrive at the detention center. Jisoo and I went straight to her office. I told her that I will meet Lisa in the interrogation room so we will not bother her work. Few minutes after her call with the security, I believe Lisa is already there by now. So I stand up and walk my way to the room.

I did not bother to knock because I know Lisa will be the only one who's waiting for me inside.

Once I close the door and walk to the chair in front of Lisa, I saw her eyeing my legs. Don't think of anything perverted but I wear an above the knee maroon skirt today. I think she notice the way I literally drag my leg with me then saw the plaster on my knee. A glint of worriedness is visible on her eyes. Does she cares about me?

"It's nothing, don't bother about it." I told her. Then she nod her head. Before I can even start my talk with Lisa, my phone rings and I saw Chaeng's caller ID.

"Hi Unnie, I arrive here at the office. Where are you? It's already 10am and you're still not here?" I forgot to mention to her that I will pay a visit to Lisa today. Wait, is she scolding me? The guts of this girl!

"Excuse me Ms. Park, but are you monitoring the activities of the CEO of the firm you are working with?" I heard her chuckled nervously. Oh another stunt again for you my dear Rosie.

"Of course not Ma'am. I am just worried about you. Since I am your secretary, I did not see any scheduled meeting early today. So where are you right now?" Good answer. Fair point.

"Yes about that, I'm here at the detention center. I was about to talk to Lisa about her upcoming trial. Before I forgot, Chaeng can you do me a favor please? Can you go to the convenience store where the crime happened and ask for the full length video footage of that day." I felt that there is something strange going on on this case. But I haven't discussed it to anyone. It's just a hunch. I am not sure of anything yet.

I know Lisa is listening to our conversation though she can't hear what Chaeng is saying. I would have stand and go out to talk to Chaeng privately, but my knee hurts. And I saw some blood stains on the surface of the plaster. Probably the wound starts bleeding again because of the walk.

"Sure Unnie, I'll go there right now. Since it's pretty far from the city. I'll update you later."

"Thanks Chaeng! And please take care!"

I ended the call and put down my phone and look at Lisa. She's also staring at me and waiting on what will I say.

"Since you heard our conversation, I want to let you know that the court grant our petition on reopening your case." I saw a glint of hope in her eyes. I know Lisa doesn't want to stay here. But I still cannot understand why is she not cooperating with us? Is it about her twin sister? We are 80% sure that the suspect is Pranpiya, we just need to gather some more solid evidence so we can sure that we are going to win this case. She still didn't know that we found her diary and Chaeng told us their secret about her sister.

I need to dig deeper. With or without Lisa's cooperation. I don't think it's just a simple robbery and murder case. It is more than that. I can feel it.

I will have to find you Pranpiya and let's have a talk.