four.

Louis Tomlinson

"Fuck you."

"Louis we're trying to help you." Mikey says with a sigh.

"Fuck off."

"Louis, just listen to him." Taylor says giving him a companionate look.

"Fucking hell."

Louis wishes they could move on from this topic, it's been hours.

It all started once the show ended. "Just leave me alone, okay?" Louis says angrily as he flops down onto the couch, rubbing his hands over his face, trying to calm himself down.

"I respect you and your decision making, I truly do. But Louis, you are stupid as hell if you think I am not going to try to help you." James argues back making the same stupid point for the third time tonight.

"Fine." Louis says and watches as James visibly relaxes as Louis takes one of the pillows from the couch and hugs it over his body.

"Thank you." James hesitantly says after a moment of silence. "I know you don't like to talk about this so I don't blame you for not being in good spirits. All I ask is you just hear us through completely."

"Us?" Louis questions. The band has worked with James for a while now, so he really shouldn't be surprised about this.

Louis appreciates the help, even if he won't show or express it. He likes knowing he has a manager that looks out for him and has his best interest, even if they don't agree on what's best for Louis.

"Yes, I asked the band to meet us here as soon as possible." James explains.

Louis knows his friends care, but Zayn is really the only one who understands.

They had similar upbringings but way different outcomes. They've experienced similar things, Louis knows Zayn, Zayn knows Louis and how he feels.

"They won't be too long." James says sitting on the armchair next to where Louis was.

The pair stays in an awkward silence as they wait for the others to enter. Louis plays with a frayed string from the edge of the pillow he's holding. Out of the corner of his eye he sees the door slowly open.

He looks down and continues to play with the string while the door opens to reveal Zayn. Louis wants to get this over with. While he appreciates the help, he hates taking time out of their lives, especially when Zayn has his daughter around.

Zayn sits down beside Louis and the door opens again. Taylor walks through then shuts the door behind her. "It might be a bit before Mikey comes, let's just get started." James says, knowing what his after show ritual consists of.

Louis hated that, "get started" as if his sobriety was a problem James had to tackle. As if it was some topic being discussed at a board meeting. He just wants this to be over with.

But of course it didn't work like that because here they are, hours later and still on the same topic.

"Louis this is the best thing for you." James says, anger in his voice.

Louis sighs. "The best thing actually would be for you to stop talking about this because it's stressing me out."

"Lou why don't you just try it. Just go for one session and if it's horrible you don't have to go back again." Taylor suggests.

Louis stands up from his seat. "Fine."

James smiles. "Thank you. But before I have Julia find someone, would you actually go."