six.

Harry Styles

It's the day of the next show and Harry could not be happier. The band hadn't performed for a few days and Harry missed being able to take pictures of them. He missed doing what he loved.

Harry would only be able to take pictures during a few songs tonight instead of the whole set per James' request. However Harry asked if he could take pictures during soundcheck and James approved.

So here he is getting great pictures of Micheal tuning his guitar and talking to Zayn. For some reason Louis wasn't there yet. He was over twenty minutes late and it seemed like he had no interest in showing up.

After multiple attempts of everyone trying to call him Louis picked up his phone saying he was on his way and just got tied up with something.

When Louis came it was another ten minutes later and everyone was upset with him.

He showed up wearing a green hoodie and sweatpants with sunglasses over his eyes. Louis walks to his drums and waits for Mrs. Parker to instruct him on what to do.

"Now that we're all here, let's go through mic check. Taylor go first." Mrs. Parker says passively.

When Taylor goes to speak the microphone has a terrible echo. Mrs. Parker talks through her headset to the crew.

"Alright Taylor let's try that again." This time a dreadful screeching sound rings throughout the venue.

"Micheal lets try yours." Mrs. Parker says. His mic lets out the same screeching sound. "Try your guitar." She instructs. Of course, Michael's guitar is out of tune and the amp is echoing.

Already over it, Mrs. Parker takes off her headset and holds it in her hand. "Alright let's take five." She wipes her hand over her face to refrain from an outburst.

Harry puts the lens cap on his camera before hanging it around his neck, he grabs his backpack and heading backstage. The band's quiet as they make their way to their dressing rooms. Since he doesn't have one Harry decides to sit in the lobby. There he sees Liam sitting down on his phone. "What are you doing here mate?" Harry asks sitting next to him in the couch and placing his bag between his feet.

"Thought soundcheck was going to be over by now. Wanted to take you to lunch before the show." Liam explains with a disappointed smile. Harry feels bad. If he was able to text Liam he would've.

"Yeah we're a bit behind. Someone just showed up and the equipment is all fucked." Harry explains not wanting to out Louis as being the one who fucked everything up. He hears the door open and of course Louis walks out with James angrily trailing behind him.

Well so much for that.

James tells him to go outside and Louis reaches for his back pocket and grabs a pack of cigarettes.

Through the window Harry can see Louis getting a stern reprimand from James, he can only assume it's because of his behavior.

It only lasts three minutes before James is walking back inside.

Harry watches as Louis stands outside alone smoking his cigarette. He contemplates going outside and talking to him.

It's of course for no other reason than so Liam would stop trying to pair him up with everyone guy he comes in contact with. Obviously.

"I'll be right back." Harry mumbles to Liam. He stands up and walks over to the doors, his feet practically dragging on the old dirty grey carpet. As if it was a sign to not do this. He walks out and heads towards Louis.

"Hey." Harry says with his hands in his back pockets. God he absolutely hated the smell of cigarettes but for Louis he'd suffer through it.

Louis gives him a judgmental look. "Fuck do you need Curly." He seems ruder than usual but Harry brushes it off.