Part 23: Without you

Nunew's POV:

Nunew woke up from his sleep when he heard the loud sound of his alarm. He rubbed both of his eyes before opening them. He turned to his right. Empty. There was no who Zee accompanied him to sleep. He got out of bed with a heavy sigh.

Today was the first day Zee left him. Last night Zee had called her to tell him that he had arrived safely in Australia with Max. Nunew was relieved when Zee got there safely.

Nunew took his bath towel and moved into the bathroom. he took half an hour to shower, After that, he prepared to go to campus. He picked up his bag on the table and walked out of the room.

Nunew walked over to the fridge and took a bottle of milk and sat on a chair at the dining table. while he wanted to drink milk, suddenly his phone rang. It was a called from Zee. Nunew was smiling when he saw Zee's name on the screen.

Nunew: Hello, Hia.
Zee: Hello, Nhu. Good morning.
Nunew: Good morning, Hia. How are you?
Zee: I'm fine. What are you doing now?
Nunew: I'm having my breakfast.
Zee: What did you eat for breakfast?
Nunew: I just drink some milk.

Nunew take a sip of the milk.

Zee: Just drink a milk? Why didn't you have some roasted bread or maybe some porridge?
Nunew: I don't feel like eating, Hia. 
Zee: Nhu, you are making me worried naa. If you didn't have enough breakfast, how will you go through your day? Hmmm?
Nunew: Don't worry, Hia. I will have some breakfast with Nat at the campus. I didn't have the appetite since I'm alone here. 

Yes, he's alone. He doesn't usually enjoy breakfast by himself. Usually Zee and he would enjoy breakfast together. 

Zee sighed and take a deep breath.
Zee: Today is just the first day and you are like this. How can you survive for the next 4 months?
Nunew: I don't know, Hia but don't worry. I should be okay. It just that I need to adapt this new situation when you are away.
Zee: Please don't make me worry naa. I'm sad if you are like this.
Nunew: I'm sorry, Hia.
Zee: Make sure you will eat your breakfast with Nat naa.
Nunew: Krub, Hia. By the way, what are you doing?
Zee: I was sleeping just now but I woke up since in Bangkok is already morning. So, I called you. I want to hear your voice.

The time in Australia is 3 hours behind the time in Bangkok. Right now is 7 am at Bangkok. That's mean, Australia is 5 am.

Nunew: I miss you, Hia.
Zee: I miss you too, Nhu.

At the campus...

Nunew sighed. All the work he did nothing worked. His mind wandered, thinking about something else. He could not fully focus in class. Today he had 3 classes but none of them made him focus.

Nat is also like that. They both couldn't focus. -Both of them went to class and just listened to what the lecturer was teaching. When class ended, they both went out.

Yim who was at the cafe counter looked strangely at Nunew and Nat. Today it's Yim's turn to take care of the cafe. Yim walked over to the two of them and sat facing them.

Yim: What happened to the both of you? Seems like your mind are wandering to something else.

Nunew sighed and he look at Yim.
Nunew: Nothing.
Yim: Nothing but you keep on sighed by yourself.
Nunew: ....

Yim: I know. Both of you must be missing your boyfriend so much, right?

Nunew and Nat turn their head to look at Yim while give him a sharp looked.
Yim: Oho... this is so scary. I wish I can feel the feeling of missing someone. Will I turn be like them?

Nunew and Nat: Yim !

Yim smiled to Nunew and Nat.
Yim: I'm just kidding. By the way, did you guys want to order something?

Nunew and Nat: NO !
Yim: Oho... Okay, I won't disturbed you guys.

Yim leave Nunew and Nat. Nunew and Nat don't want him to get angry when their mood is not good.

Zee's POV:

Zee and the rest of his team were in a meeting room with their trainees. today is their first meeting. The team has players from different countries. Zee and Max are from Thailand, there are 3 people from China and the rest are Australians themselves.

Zee played on his phone while waiting for the meeting to start. He opened the Instagram app and saw that Nunew had made a nautical post on his account. Nunew posted a picture of a bottle of milk placed on the table. the caption....

'First breakfast without you.'

Zee sighed and take a deep breath. Zee knew that Nunew was talking about himself. This morning he called Nunew. In fact, he lied that he had just woken up but the truth was that he had not been able to sleep since arriving in Australia. He was busy remembering Nunew who was in Bangkok.

Zee scroll Nunew's Instagram account. he smiled when he saw all Nunew's pictures. really miss her and her boyfriend. 

Zee lift up his face when he felt like someone touch his shoulder. It was Max. Max take a sit beside him.

Max: Looks like you really miss him, Zee.

Zee take a deep breath.
Zee: I wander what did he do right now? Did he eat well? Did he take enough rest?
Max: Don't worry. He can take care of himself. Nat also with him. Don't thinking too much.
Zee: I just afraid that something bad will happened to him.
Max: Trust me. Nothing will be happen.

Zee sighed again. In fact he was very worried if the past happened again. The incident where he also went to a basketball tournament and at that time both of Nunew's parents died. aA that time he could not accompany Nunew. He was just worried that something bad like that would happen again.

After 2 months...

Unconsciously, a month has passed since Zee left him in Australia. During that month he spent his day as usual even though he missed Zee every day.

He spend his day again like nothing different. He just being by himself even he felt a little awkward. He still go through the day even though he thought that he couldn't live without Zee.
He feel it's a little empty without his boyfriend but he need to accept all of this. 

Zee always in his mind. They both only -talk through phone calls. Sometimes they will make a video call while looking at each other, just to release each other's longing.

A whole day went by missing him. A whole week also went by missing him too. He just live like that by missing him nonstop. When he lay down on the bed, he can still smell the scent of his boyfriend. 

Nunew stepped into the bedroom. He had just finished his task in the living room a while ago. He went inside and climbed on the bed. He lay down and wrapped his body with a blanket. He faced to the right and saw that the place was empty.

Nunew: It's been a long day without you, Hia.

Nunew picked up his phone from the table. He wanted to contact Zee but suddenly he saw a notification from Zee. He opened the message.

Zee: Hey, Nhu. Today was a tough day to me cause my team need to training for 6 hours straight then continued again for 6 hours. Right now I'm going to sleep because tomorrow I need to wake up early in the morning. I hope you are okay there, Nhu. Goodnight, Nhu. I love you.

Nunew's intention to contact Zee was cancelled. he looked at the clock. It's 3 in the morning. He sighed. Without realizing it, actually he took 5 hours to complete his assignment earlier. It seems it's 1 o'clock in Australia now. It's time for Zee to sleep. He must be tired.

Nunew put back his phone on the table and he take a deep breath.

Nunew: I wish you were here so I could tell you how much I need your warm hug while sleeping and how hard is everyday has been without you.

Nunew sighed again.
Nunew: I miss you so much, Hia.

Author's note: How was this part? Did you enjoy it? If yes, then don't forget to vote and leave a comment too !!! Thank you in advance !!!