Chapter 2 - Taming a Wild Heart

"He really lost his leg but still managed to be friends and tame the dragon?"

The young girl exhaled, her before so dull eeys sparkling in excitement again. She kept squeezing the wooden end of the bed and stared at the man who she met just yesterday.

"Yes. Wasn't it just a gruesome story?"

He said and waved his hand theatrically in the air and smirked. His foot was lifted above the other one and he leaned back on her mirror table chair.

"No, I think it was amazing. He was approved by his father and wasn't alone anymore. " Elsa smiled to him.

"Well now that it is done and told I might as well leave

"Well now that it is done and told I might as well leave."

Jack said and stood up and walked towards the window. He was about to cut ties with the little girl and forget her. That's what he usually did, forgetting everyone who he met. After all, it was a bother to know someone who would just be dead in a few years and wasn't even suitable as a food source.

"Jack… can't you stay a bit longer? I would like to hear one more story. What if I won't wake up tomorrow to hear it."

She pleaded and coughed a couple times as the cool autumn breeze came inside from the open window.

"Silly little lady… why would I care?"

He spoke and glanced at her.

"You cared yesterday evening."

Something in her sharp way of thinking puzzled him. Finally he sighed.

"Alright but just one more."

He said and shut the window. She sat on her bed and pulled the cover on her better. Slowly she laid back onto her huge pile of pillows. Then she tapped her bed three times and waited until Jack sat on the bed. His weight made that side sink a bit so she had to correct her posture.

"What's the next story about?"

She asked and Jack was quiet for a moment. The shadows were dancing on the wall as the flame from the bedside candle flickered as it met his breathing.

"Well, it's about a boy and his dragon–."

He started but was quickly cut off.

"Didn't you just tell that story?"

He chuckled to her quick wits and finally cleared his throat.

"As I was saying. This is a story about a boy and his dragon - part two."

Jack told her about how the dragon tamer's village was filled by the dragons. It sounded like he had seen it with his own eyes.

She was holding her anxiousness in when there were exciting bits. And at the end she cried like a baby. When she began coughing with her cries he patted her back.