Chapter 3 - Dust

"Dani!"

I look up from the bright screen, "Mhm, yeah?"

"You got anything to update Gibbs on?" Bishop asks.

"Yeah." I get up from my desk and stride over to her.
"Lucia Campbell works as a prosecutor for the Judge Advocate General here in DC. She's got numerous convictions which makes for a pretty long list of suspects."

"Well," Ellie sighs, " I called the hospital Officer Campbell and her daughter, Amanda, were taken to. Campbell has a concussion and is still unconscious but her daughter only received minor injuries so she's being held for observation."

"Well-"

Spshhh!

We're interrupted by McGee dusting his keyboard for about the 100th time this week.

"Tim didn't you just dust that yesterday." I state.

"Yeah but do you know just how much dust can build up in a day," he replies, "An entire sheen of it can appear in just 24 hours! And- and dust is a keyboards worst enemy."

"How is that relevant to the case, McGee?"

Gibbs is standing behind him, leaning on the dark purple dividers.

"Uh... it's not boss I-"

Gibbs shoots McGee one of his famous looks and he scrambles to shove the duster back in the drawer.

"Update," Gibbs yells.

We brief Gibbs on the Commander and his wife. He orders Bishop and I to go to the hospital and interview our victims' daughter, and for McGee to look into Lucia Campbell's past and present cases.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WORD COUNT: 238