Chapter 5: Alive

"Hey McGee. How did you get on with the captain?"

"I found out Lucia Campbell wasn't on a work trip last week like her daughter told us." McGee answers.

"What?" Bishop's brows furrow. "Then where was she?"

"And why would she hide wherever she was from her family," I wonder as I perch myself at my desk.

"Not sure," McGee says, "But that's what we have to find out."

We spend the next several hours looking into Major Campbell's emails and looking into flight manifests to see where she could have gone on her mysterious trip last week. By the time Gibbs comes back asking for an update, we have quite a load to give him.

"Nick Torres. Lucia Campbell's younger brother, and an NCIS agent." McGee puts Agent Torres' credentials up on the plasma screen in front of us.

"I don't know him." Gibbs states.

"Torres' name didn't register earlier because he's a deep cover agent," Bishop says. "As you know they're identities and records are sealed by the Director."

"How did we find he was an agent?" Gibbs asks.

"When we looked into Lucia Campbell's emails and bank statements, we found that she'd hired a private detective a few months ago," I answer. "We found that Agent Torres went missing on assignment six months ago and was presumed dead."

"Yeah, looks like the PI followed the trail to Buenos Aires." Bishop continues. "And sent her this surveillance photo."

A photo of a busy street in Buenos Aires pops up and Bishop zooms in on one of the individuals. It's Agent Torres.

"Gibbs, this image is recent." Bishop says. "Agent Torres is alive."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WORD COUNT: 274