I.

"Mom, I will be home late tomorrow.", Jisoo announces during dinner.

"And why? Do you have more projects to finish?", Jisoo's mom asks.

"Uhmmm no. It's uhmmm...I have a date?", she hesitantly confess.

"Wow! It's been ages since you went on a date.", her mom comments. "You know I don't forbid you to go on dates. You're old enough to know your limits. And I trust you. But same old rules apply. The guy or girl will fetch you here and let me or your uncle meet him or her. Then tell me where you're going. And go home before 10pm, okay?"

"Got it mom. And thanks.", Jisoo smiles.

On the side, Marco is smiling at how close the mother and the daughter is. Of course, he takes into mind the house rules for dating. He doesn't attempt to intrude on the matter because it's their thing even before he came. He doesn't want to be the overbearing and nagging stepfather.

Lisa, on the other hand, is just silently (again) eating her food.

"How about you, Lisa? Don't you have someone to date?", Marco suddenly asks. He knows Lisa's preference and he has nothing against it.

"Dad..", Lisa answers in a warning tone, saying she doesn't want to talk about it. On the side, Jisoo tries not to be so interested in the topic. But she is.

"What? It's normal for you to date. And since Jisoo dear here has confessed about her going on a date, I guess it's just proper for me to know about yours, if any. I mean, I trust you and I don't forbid you. You know, just for me to be on the loop regarding this matter."

Lisa sighs.

"I'm not dating anyone. I'm busy with my studies.", she simply said. And Jisoo had to chastise herself from almost smiling so widely.

"Well, that's good to hear. But, in case you have one, you're free to tell me. I'd be happy to listen and meet her.", Marco said.

"Me too, Lisa dear. I'd be happy to meet your future partner.", Jisoo's mom, Kim So Hee, said that made Lisa smile.

I won't be happy.

Just guess who said that.

====

"So, do I know the guy?"

Jisoo got startled and almost jumped off when she heard the voice behind her while washing the dishes.

There's Lisa behind her, arms crossed in her chest and leaning back to the counter just few meters away from her.

"God, Lisa don't sneak up on me like that! You almost gave me a heart attack!", she says.

"I'm sorry. But, yeah, do I know the guy?", she asks again, pertaining to the date.

"Park Jinyoung.", she simply said.

"Oh the prom king and the council president. Good choice. Mom and Dad would approve."

"Really? You know him?"

"The 4th year Engineering guy who has the face of a prince? Of course I know him. Who doesn't?"

Jisoo smiles. This is probably the longest and lightest conversation they have and she's quite happy.

"And do you really not have someone to date? I can't believe that."

"I don't. And why can't you believe me?"

"Well, because you're smart and charming, and besides don't you hear the rumors aboit you?", Jisoo comments without looking at Lisa. She casually continues to wash the dishes.