LIFE

"How I can snooze and miss the moment..."

December 3rd Sun City, Home 3:33pm

December 3rd
Sun City, Home
3:33pm

"Why are you tripping right now?" Don said walking into the bathroom of my apartment. I turned over to face the door from the closet, thinking how much he was an imbecile.

"I'm tripping? You just damn there almost had a heart attack. When you heard me coming in from down the hall." I said shaking my head at his dismissive tone.

Don thought I was lacking some brain cells obviously. No loyal man, in their right mind would hide their phone from their partner for no reason.

"Look I don't feel like arguing with you about the same shit everyday. I told you I wasn't doing anything so just drop it damn." He said with an attitude before slamming the bathroom door.

I rolled my eyes and continued going in my closet to pick out an outfit for the day. It was the same thing over and over again, no matter how much he tells me it's nothing. I just don't believe him, my gut is telling me differently.

I ended up meeting Don in college. We kept running into each other so often. From parties, kick backs, cafes, and football/ basketball games .

He stood at 5'8 feet tall, low cut with waves that resembled the sea. His body had tattoos, that stretched to fit his very fit figure. His beard was full and soft, I love the way it feels brushed against my chin when we kiss. I was very thankful that his beard and mustache connects.

His skin a Tawny, light warm beige color. He wore diamonds, that glistened against his skin. He stood out in a crowd every time, my eyes were like a magnet drawn to him.

He said it was, "Just faith bringing us closer together." as corny as it was I thought he was cute, my mistake. We exchanged numbers and started talking, by sophomore year we were so head over heels for each other.

We started dating that year, and he was a year ahead and older than me. In my mind we were the cutest couple ever in college. But soon as he graduated it was like a switch, the problems just kept coming back to back.

So many nights staying up with thoughts he was cheating, him out in the streets and just overall lying to me. At times I thought I was just making it up all in my head. But everyone could see his bull shit.

I wasn't insecure, but I just felt like I couldn't trust him at times. Every time I would bring it up he would shut it down saying I'm seeing things. Or I have nothing to see in his phone when I have my own.

After I looked for a few minutes I settled on a black hoodie, with black sweats to match. And a pair of Ugg's to keep warm. Deciding to shower in the guest bathroom, not wanting to start another argument.

Grabbing a new bottle of soap, my clothes and towel. I walked out of the room down the hall. Flipping on the light, I set everything down on the counter. I shut the door behind me locking it.