LUV

" teach me how to love, show me the way to surrender my heart..."

Waking up feeling more warmth than usual I looked down to see Monique cuddling up on my side

Waking up feeling more warmth than usual I looked down to see Monique cuddling up on my side. Since she was still sleeping I decided to get up and make us some breakfast. Sliding out of the bed slowly to not wake her I grabbed my phone off the nightstand.

She did come knocking on my door last night about two hours after we said goodnight. She wasn't tired anymore and I was still awake watching tv. So I let her come in and we watched movies and talk some more. We had good conversation, she could hold one very well. We talked until we were tired and she asked to stay.

I didn't mind it, sleeping next to her gave a sense of the most comfortable feeling. I tried to keep the distance to be comfortable for us, but she found her way to me.

I put my house shoes on walking to my bathroom. I closed the door, I had to pee so bad. That morning wood was something serious. Finally done I flushed and washed my hands. I grabbed my toothbrush starting my morning routine.

Done a few minutes later I walked out down to the kitchen. I decided on making French toast, eggs, sausage, and bacon.

Going into my fridge grabbing everything I needed setting it on the counter. My mom and grandmother taught me how to cook when I was younger. Simply because my father was never home to take care of us anyways.

Pulling out my phone seeing it was 8:50 am, I go to my r&b playlist getting in the mood to keep the day on a good note.

'Teach me' by Musiq Soulchild started to play, I sat the phone down walking to the sink washing my hands.

Lowly singing while breaking the eggs I started to think about last night. Monique looked so beautiful, I loved her dress and hair to match. She was truly something special.

This was the first time I've been on a actual date. Many women throw themselves at me but I've never really been interested. Most of my life has been about getting money and taking care of my family.

I've been celibate for two years, after all them pointless fucks and hoes thinking they was wifey material. I was over it, I wanted something real.

I wanted a love that my grandparents have, they loved each other since childhood. They would tell me and my brothers stories about how they would race each other to see who was the fastest kid on the block.

'Cute shit', I thought flipping the toast in the skillet almost done. "Rome?" I heard from the stairs, I looked back to see Monique coming in. "Hey I was looking for you." she said walking over to the island
leaning on it.

"Oh yea? Wassup?" I asked her putting bacon in the pan. " Do you have a extra toothbrush and towels I can borrow please?" She asked. "Yea I let me get it for you. Can you keep a eye on this?" I said walking pass her back to my room. Going upstairs into my bathroom I grabbed and unopened toothbrush and a small rag from underneath the sink.