Unconditional | Jay

"형! 형! 나 좀 봐요!" (Hyung ! Hyung ! Look at me !) Eun yelled happily as he ran around. Jay chuckled happy to see the little boy happy. It had been a while since Jay had seen him smile. "I can see you, Eun ah ! Having fun ?" 

The little boy giggled once more as he looked so carefree. Eun was not biologically Jay' brother, but Jay took care of him. Eun liked being with Jay since he was one of the few people the little boy could relay on. 

Jay understood how Eun felt & was glad he could be a good role model for the young child. A guy sitting next to Jay pointed at Eun. "그는 더 건강해 보입니다. 그의 세션이 도움이 되었다고 생각합니다..." (He looks healthier. I assume his sessions have helped...) Jay sighed as he thought back to the day little Eun showed up at his house crying & soaked from the rain. "He still goes to his sessions, but he is happy here. Eun has never thought of going back to that place."

The person nodded as they knew what Jay meant all too well. The other kids at the orphanage were not the most pleasant when it came to Eun. They in fact loved teasing him. While there he often skipped meals. Eun thinks he is constantly picked on because he is smaller than the other children. "So I take it you'll become his fulltime guardian, right ? Are you ready for that ?"

Jay was silent a few moments as he watched Eun play. "저는 매우 확신합니다. 은은 행복하고 사랑스러운 어린 시절을 보낼 자격이 있습니다. 그에게 줄 수 있습니다." (I am very much sure. Eun deserves to be happy and have a loving childhood. I can give him that.) The person looked a bit worried by this decision, but knew there was no way of changing his mind.

Before long Eun was being put down for a nap by Jay. "Sleep, Eun ah. You've been running around all day..." Eun sleepily clung to Jay. Soft sniffles came from the boy as he finally was settling down. "You won't send me back right ? Hyung loves Eun, right ?" Jay' heart broke hearing Eun speak in such a way. 

"Of course I love you, Eun ah. That will never change. Okay ?" Simple. Reassurance was all the young lonely child needed before he drifted to sleep still curled up in Jay's arms.

Unconditional.

The END.

끝.