Chapter 6

Captain Smith was sending a telegram. "I'm sending out a request for a psychologist to meet Titanic when we dock in New York. Hopefully we can get Mr. Murdoch some professional help. Believe me, I'm running out of options." The Captain said. He handed John Phillips the written telegram. "Yes, sir."
"From Titanic  To Cape Race
This is M.G.Y. Titanic is in a certain situation that won't be said. Our captain has made a request for a psychologist to meet us when we dock in New York. We were told not to leak out any specifics about our situation. Is it possible to get in contact with one via Cape Race? "
"From Cape Race  To Titanic
M.G.Y. Someone here onshore personally knows a psychologist. They will be happy to put in a request for you. Do you know what time you will touch down in New York?"

"From Titanic  To Cape Race
We are due to arrive at Pier 59 on April 17. Time will be about 9:15 perhaps?"
"From Cape Race  To Titanic
M.G.Y. Message received. Shall Pier 59 be notified of the arrival of the needed person?"
"From Titanic  To Cape Race
Unsure. Should ask our captain before going further. Stand by."
"From Cape Race  To Titanic
Message received."
John had written all the important bits of the conversation down on a sheet of paper. Captain Smith had already long left the room. He handed the paper to Harold-Harold Bride-that is. "Find Captain Smith. Ask him if Pier 59 should be informed of the arrival of our needed person." Bride nodded, and headed out the door. Meanwhile, Captain Smith was out at the bridge. Officer Wilde and Lowe were at his side. "So what is the goal we're going for with Mr. Murdoch?" Lowe asked. In the grand scheme of things, he knows it's to help Mr. Murdoch, but how, he wasn't sure. "How have we not known about his other half before?" Wilde then asked. "To answer your question, Mr. Lowe, our goal is to help Mr. Murdoch.. I admit, even I'm puzzled about how to go about it. And to answer your question, Mr. Wilde, I have no idea really. Though I guess it makes sense now what with all those times where Mr. Murdoch seemed to have shelved his duties for a day or had so much inattention doing his duties some days. But it wasn't until now that the true colors, so to speak, were painted. Of course, we all know that Mr. Murdoch is nothing like what has been happening." Smith explained. "Sir!" The three officers looked behind them to see Mr. Bride rushing towards the bridge. He stopped in front of Captain Smith, a bit breathless and handed him the sheet of paper he was told to hand over. "We've made contact with Cape Race, sir." He said, in between his fights for a steady rhythm to his breathing. Wilde and Lowe leaned in to read the telegram that Smith held. "And what did they say?" Smith asked. "They told us that there's someone at Cape Race that personally knows a psychologist. They're putting in a request for the psychologist to meet up when we dock at Pier 59 in New York. We were asked if the Pier should be notified of the arrival of our needed person." Bride explained. After Bride's explanation was over, Captain Smith looked up from the paper he still held. "Very well. We'll notify the Pier and make sure to have someone send our needed person up here to the bridge." Captain Smith replied. Nodding, Bride then hurried back to the wireless room, passing what he was told by the captain to Phillips. "We're clear to alert the Pier, making sure that they'll have someone to escort the psychologist up to the bridge when we dock." Bride told Phillips upon his return into the room. "Gotcha." Phillips replied.

"From Titanic  To Cape Race
M.G.Y.: We were notified by our captain that Pier 59 shall be alerted of our needed person, saying that they should have someone to escort the psychologist upon our docking into New York."
"From Cape Race  To Titanic
M.G.Y., message received. Today is Monday; psychologist shall be notified today; Pier 59 tomorrow; You shall be due to dock on Wednesday."
"From Titanic  To Cape Race
Perfect. Message received."

William lifted his head from his pillow. His light brown hair all ruffled up and messy. The clock showed the time of 3:42. Bloody hell, he just about slept through the entire day almost! Why didn't anyone wake him up? Murdoch was the first to retire the night before as far as he was aware of. Perhaps Captain Smith told the others not to bother him? It would make sense. Finally getting dressed, William emerged from his room just as Smith arrived. "Ah! Mr. Murdoch! I wasn't sure when you would awake. It seemed as if you were just gonna sleep the whole day away!" Smith said, trying his hand at humor. Mr. Murdoch smiled, chuckling silently to himself. "And here I am, sir!" He said. "I'm actually feeling well today!" He added. "Glad to hear it, Mr. Murdoch! So, we've requested for a psychologist to come aboard when we dock in New York. We think that professional help will be a good next step, and don't worry, we'll be sure to tell them that no word is allowed to get out." "Sounds good, sir. I've had my fair take of therapy in the past, so this should be nothing new really." Murdoch replied. "Oh? Not to overstep my bounds or anything, but did you mention anything about Murderous Murdoch?" The Captain asked. "Yeah, somewhat. I'm thankful that no law authorities or anyone was brought in. I'm always very stern when I tell them that it is a thing that needs to be kept between the two of us." Murdoch replied. In his mind, he wondered if his current good mood and mental state meant that this whole mess could finally be coming to an end. But William Murdoch knows well that thinking something so simple is underestimating Murderous Murdoch... and William has learned time and again the hard way not to do that.