Chapter 5

To say Aiden is hot was an understatement of the century

To say Aiden is hot was an understatement of the century. Because holy shit look at him.

A 6'4 frame leaning against the wall dressed in a black t-shirt, black leather jacket and black jeans with a hand in his pocket and another holding a cigarette as smoke blows from his plump lips. I never romanticised smoking but again holy shit. He was stunning in a way that it was hard to tear my eyes away from the way his muscles stretched the leather jacket or how his jeans clung to him a little tighter near his thighs.

Just when I thought he couldn't be any more attractive my eyes meet his. Hazel eyes that stripped me of every wall I've ever built stared back at me with so many emotions that I couldn't breathe. Even with bruising on his jaw, he was a devil sculpted by God. Sharp cheekbones and a jawline that put most models to shame made Aiden impossible to ignore.

My body was heating from mere eye contact with him and I hated it. Memories flash as I take an involuntary step back.

Near the woods at ten, I have to tell you something. Don't be late Calli.

I couldn't breathe. The same sense of panic and disgust climbed my throat as I close my eyes to stop all the emotions rushing through me. I need a damn drink.

When I look back at him he turned his head away and my attention goes to the person beside him. The same sense of panic crashes inside me as I recognize him.

Aiden can't know.

Not now or ever.

I ignored Emily and Noah's curious and confused look as I walk towards Liam. His eyes scrutinize me and then his eyes widen as recognition flares in his ocean-blue eyes.

I point a finger at him and motion him to follow me. "Come with me," I say pointedly, silently telling him to keep his eyes shut. Aiden's eyes fly open and narrow at Liam as he walks over to me.

"You were the girl from-" he starts but I cut him off with a glare. He shuts up and I feel Aiden's eyes burn into my back as I take Liam to the nearest corridor.

"Not a word," I tell him seriously. "To him or anyone. That night never happened." I say and he raises an eyebrow at me.

"Of course, I won't say anything," he says a little offended.

"If I find out that anyone in this university knows anything about the said night, I swear it would take me less than a day to ruin your life." his eyes flare with anger but I stay unfazed. I don't care if I hurt his ego, I don't want anyone to know about the worst day of my life.

"It is not my secret to tell so don't worry." he says sarcastically but pauses. "Just know that it wasn't your fault." his voice softens but the edge was laced with pity and I hated it. He walks away with that but a familiar sense of anxiety crawls into my veins as I fumble into my bag to retrieve the familiar metal bottle.