Chapter 2

"How many times have I told you? No bloody fighting! But you ignore me and do the dangerous anyway. Sometimes I wonder why the police haven't caught on yet!"

My mum collapses on a chair after saying this and puts her head in her hands.

After a few minutes of eerie silence, she looks up.

"Where is the Sapphire I used to know?" she says, her voice dangerously calm. Too calm that I know whats coming next.

"Where is the Sapphire that used to run after butterflies and believe in unicorns?"

That's it. I have had enough.

" She left with Dad, mum. I am never going back to that. Running after butterflies. Squealing when you brought me something pink . Playing tag.

Face it mum. I've changed . You've changed. We changed as a family.

When was the last time we had dinner together? When was the last time we went on a holiday? We never went on a holiday since I was 12 years old. Guess what mum? I am bloody 18! We never even went shopping together. And the last time i checked that is what a normal family does!"

You are probably wondering how I got from walking in the night alone to arguing with my mother. Ugh mother . How in the world can people say that word. Mum is a lot better for my tongue. Anyway let me fill you in.

FLASHBACK

I woke up to the feeling of someone shaking me. I only live with one other person. My mum.

" Sapphire wake up this instant and explain this!?"

I look up to my mum. She was holding up something. My eyes quickly adjust to the light. My mum was holding up something between her index finger and her thumb. It was my new leather jacket that Dean put blood on.

Shit! I thought I put in the washing machine.

" How did you ..." I began.

"get this? Your right eye must have gone dark again because you forgot to turn it on. And I am so glad you didn't . So would you care to explain this, please? Because right now curiosity is getting the better of me."

" I ... I ... I was in a fight."

My mum looked at me with disappointment in her eye, making me want to craw in a hole away from the guilt that's taking me over .

"How many times have I told you? No bloody fighting! But you ignore me and do the dangerous anyway. Sometimes I wonder why the police haven't caught on yet!"

END OF FLASHBACK

My Mum sat there in silence. she then lets out a sigh.

" I have had enough. "

What? She had enough? Is she going to send me to Gran's again? Nah, I highly doubt that. The last time I went there my Gran practically took her hair out with her hands. No. She wont throw me out would she?

" You are going to your dad. and you have nothing to say about it."

****

I got off the plane. I can't believe my mum would send me to the other side of the world. Ugh.I am so going miss the streets of London. Australia is way to hot.

I drag my suit case behind me as I look around for Joe, my 'dad'.Bang! I hit something and fall to the floor.

"Ugh. Watch where you're going ,loser."

I look up and see a girl with blonde hair and green eyes look at me with disgust. I give her the same look but it fades quickly when I remember what my mum said.

" Look at this pathetic slag. Ewww look at her hair."

The girls behind her start GIGGLING like that's the best cuss ever . Yes actual giggling. Ugh side chicks these days.

Remember what your mum said " no fighting ..."

" She isn't gonna say anything. I mean she cant say anything to Liz of course."

The blonde looks back at the girl who said this.

" Um, we are NOT friends and only friends can call me Liz. Normal people can call me Elizabeth. And why are you hanging out with us anyway. I never asked you to join our clique did i? Now do as I say and shoo off like a dog.Bye bye doggie."

The girl looks at the blonde with tears in her eyes but she didn't say anything.

Instead she apologized ( yes she actually apologized) to the blonde (who I now recognize as Elizabeth) fake smiled and walked away.

By now I was standing.

" Well look at that." I say. Elizabeth's head snaps in my direction. Her eyes show fear for one second then it turns back to normal. I guess my height is intimidating her (I am not that tall).

"I thought you said i was the slag. Hypocrites these days."

I then walk off to find Joe.

*******************************************************************************

( How was it? please vote I don't want any ghost readers. Sapphire is played by Chanel Iman and Elizabeth is played by Amanda Seyfried.Yes it is the dumb one in mean girls I know.