Chapter Seven - Another Pleasant Surprise

I woke up as I landed at JFK airport early Monday morning.  It was snowing and windy.  Thankfully, I had dressed appropriately for the weather.  I wore black Rag N' Bone skinny jeans, a cream colored tight fitting Balenciaga turtle neck, a tan Burberry trench coat, and black Louboutin So Kate pumps.  I hurriedly got my suitcase and found my Uber.  I arrived at my hotel in downtown NYC shortly after and immediately began preparing for the night ahead.  I received a phone call from Kim Kardashian around 8:00am telling me to come to her hotel at noon.

I arrived exactly on time and was greeted by Kim's daughter, North, running towards me and gripping my leg.  "Hiiiiiiiiii!"  North yelled as she looked up at me.  "Hey, Nori."  I said to the two year old smiling up at me.  "Where's mama?"  I asked in my most childish voice.  North pointed towards the master bedroom.  I followed her into the bedroom to find Kim asleep while pumping breast milk.  "Oh God."  I muttered.  "Kimberly."  I said while pushing her shoulder.  "What?  What is it North?"  She said while jumping up out of the chair.  I burst into laughter and reached for Kim's  shoulder.  "It's just me."  I said in between laugher.  Kim sighed and sat down again.  "Ughhhh!  I'm so tired."  She  complained. 

"Go take a nap.  I can watch North and get your outfit ready for tonight."  I told her.  "Are you sure?"  She asked.  "Yeah."  I assured her.  I began looking through Kim's things for the perfect outfit choice while her daughter played with an iPad.  After a couple of hours of deliberation and babysitting I finally decided on an outfit for Kim.  Me and North watched TV and played hide n' seek as we waited for Kim to wake.

I heard my phone begin to ring before it was my turn to count.  I pulled it out of my purse and recognized the number as Irina's.  "Hello?"  I hesitantly said into the phone.  "Hey, girl!  What are you doing?"  She asked loudly.  "In New York on business, what are you doing?"  I asked in return.  "Vacationing in Punta Minta with James!  It's so beautiful.  Ever been?"  She asked.  "Uh, no."  I replied awkwardly.  "Okay, just wanted to see if you were holding up."  She said and click.  The call was disconnected.

I was confused for a moment after the call ended until I remembered I was supposed to be looking for North.  I panicked and ran through every room of the massive suite looking for her.  I spotted the doors leading to the balcony and noticed one was cracked opened.  The worst thought went through my mind and I flew towards the doors.  North was looking through the cracks at the paparazzi below and waving.  I swooped her up and brought her inside.  I knew the paparazzi had gotten a picture of me but I was too happy that North was okay to worry about.

I woke up Kim around three and told her what happened before the internet did.  She completely understood and wasn't mad, thank God.  Her glam squad came and did both of ours make-up and hair.  I wore a long sleeved black mini dress and carried a YSL black clutch.  I wore Jimmy Choo platforms as well.  My hair was straightened and my make up was heavily done.  I looked like a very expensive hooker, but I didn't care I just wanted to have fun.

The night started out at 9 o'clock as Kim hosted a dinner party at a steakhouse downtown.  Many celebrities showed and it was a great time.  Unfortunately, every other person I talked to asked about my relationship with Cristiano.  I started to get annoyed very early but remained polite.  I ate my dinner next to the rapper Drake and model Hailey Baldwin.  I discussed Vogue with Hailey and told her about my interview.  Hailey had worked with Anna Wintour plenty of times so she gave me a couple of pointers.

We got to the club at midnight and Kim's party began.  Hundreds of people were there as well as paparazzi.  I tried not to attract attention as much as possible.  Although, when I ordered 15 bottles of Ace to the VIP section it didn't help.  I ended up ordering 15 more bottles and was wasted but one.   Kim's bodyguard led me into an Uber and took care of me once I arrived back at the hotel.

I was scrolling through my Twitter feed as I came across a picture of Cristiano with another girl.  He had his tan arms wrapped around her waist as she kissed his neck.  They were at the same restaurant he had taken me two nights before.  I was absolutely livid.  I threw my phone onto the ground and looked at the ceiling.  Anger filled my head.  Then embarrassment.  Then sadness.  I was angry at his new girl, embarrassed that he led me on, and sad I wasn't good enough.