Chapter 1

(ignore the picture)

Farquhar POV 1819 

Raffles and I had just finished signing the treaty with Temenggong Abdul Rahman, which allowed us to set up a trading port in Singapore. Thanks to the succession dispute, we were able to create an agreement with Abdul Rahman. After the long day of seemingly endless meetings and paperwork, I finally laid down on my bed, hoping for a restful night. Just then I heard a knock on my bedroom door and a familiar voice.

"Hello, darling"

Raffles whispered as he entered the room. His smile never failed to brighten my day. Our secret relationship has lasted for a month and a half. Since the day I had started working with him, I'd always been drawn to his sparkling personality and charm. We both knew that such a relationship would be scandalous. A man with another man? However, neither of us could deny our feelings to each other. Words could not explain how joyful I was when I knew Raffles had mutual feelings towards me too. If word got out that we were together, our lives would be ruined. Although we both had families back in Britain, nothing could stop us from loving each other.

As he sat next to me on the bed, I rested my head on his shoulder. "Willy?" "Yes?" "Uhm, what would you do if I said that I would be leaving for Britain tomorrow?" I sat up straight and turned my head. 

"W-what?"

Raffles sighed and gazed at me with his gorgeous green orbs. "I'm sorry, love. But it's for work. I promise it won't be for long," he said.

I couldn't believe my ears. Before I knew it, tears started welling up in my eyes. "S-so..so you're just going to leave me here? What happened to doing everything together? Are you going back for Sophia? For your kids?! I...I.."

Pain and confusion took over my body as I leapt up and sprinted out of my room. Raffles ran after me, but I shoved him away and ran into the night, sobbing the whole night long.

Authors note: AHSAGSHGHDFHAFFGHAGHD IM SORRY IM ENJOYING THIS TOO MUCH   yeah so my friend is helping me with the storyline shoutout to her 😘