Chapter 3

William POV 1819

I was not sure if I even wanted to wake up. Unfortunately, I remembered everything that had happened last night. My never ending workload did not help. My eyes were red and had eyebags from my restless night. Ugh, I looked like a mess. How could I show up for work? Well, it wasn't like I wanted to see Raffles anyways.

 After getting ready, I made my way to my office. As I started work, I could not help thinking about Raffles. Usually, we would be having breakfast together now. No! I need to stop thinking about him. I pushed all thoughts about him to the back of my head, but I just could not get that man out of my brain. 

I eventually decided to confront him. However, when I went to see him, his bedroom was empty. All his things were gone, it was like no one was ever there. Panic rose in me, as I remembered that today was the day he was leaving. I ran as fast as my legs could take me to the harbour, where all the ships for Britain were departing.

I quickly spotted Raffles with his bags, boarding a ship. He gaped in shock as I ran up to him. 

"Thomas, please. Are you really going to leave?" I asked, still panting from all the running.

His green orbs stared back into mine. He took my hand and smiled sadly. "I'm sorry, my love. I promise I'll come back for you. I'm sorry. I love you." 

He let go and boarded the ship. My hand felt ice cold, even though Singapore's heat was unbearable.  

As the ship sailed away, my heart spontaneously combusted. How could I live without him? I collapsed onto the ground, wailing and screaming. Everyone stared at me, but I didn't care. My one and only true love left me, and I wanted him back. Only when the ship disappeared into the horizon I then faced the reality of Raffles leaving. 

His last words to me rang in my ears. 

"I love you." 

Authors note: If you couldnt tell, my brain died during the last part.  currently dying inside.