Chapter 5

William POV 1823

I was ecstatic. Yet another letter from my dearest Raffles.

The letter read:

"To my dearest William,

It has been a long while. Everyday I think of you, and I cannot seem to get you out of my mind. I dearly hope I can return to Singapore soon. I want to be with you again. I want to be in your presence. I want to return to those warm arms of yours whenever you embrace me. I miss you so much, William. If only we could just be together without work separating us... That would be bliss. I have also divorced that woman who I had mistakenly married on impulse. Please forgive me for being away for so long... and always remember that you have my heart.

Yours forever,

Thomas"

If I was being absolutely honest, reading those words made me blush. I couldn't imagine how I was able to survive that four long dreadful years which made me suffer. I couldn't imagine how I could survive without Raffles.

Although it has indeed been 4 years, I still haven't given up on hope that he's coming back soon. Every morning I wake up and check his room, praying that somehow he'd be there, sitting on his bed with those beautiful green eyes gazing at me with a gentle smile on his face.

However, that was never the case.

I miss him so much.

I would give anything to be back with him.

To see how things were going in Britain, I flipped open my copy of the weekly British newspaper. I gasped in shock when I came across an article that read:

"Raffles Has Found a New Love: True or False?

Sir Stamford Raffles, a notable politician, has recently divorced Ms. Sophia Keller. However, word has spread among the folk that he is currently dating another woman, whose identity has not been revealed. According to one of his colleagues, he seems like he has been "daydreaming frequently" and he "loses focus easily". His colleagues have also caught him murmuring softly about a certain "Willow", but they are not too sure about who he is referring to. However, one thing that they are certain about is the fact that Raffles is smitten with whoever Willow is. I personally wish them luck on their new relationship."

I crumpled onto the ground, devastated. Tears flowed freely from my eyes. I was sobbing heavily on the floor in my room, hoping that all this was a lie. No. The newspaper would never lie. The only liar here is Raffles.

THAT TRAITOR! THAT CHEATER, THAT LYING SCUM. HOW COULD HE? I THOUGHT HE LOVED ME.

it feels like my whole life has been a lie. i don't care anymore. those sweet words that i yearned for earnestly. they were all lies. everything. i hate everything. i hate you, the one that lied so daringly to me.

such sweet lies. well played, raffles.

did anyone even care?

am i just a worthless soul that wanders on this earth?

am i destined to be forgotten when i die?

actually, it doesn't even matter anymore.

author's note:

hey yall due to a lack of motivation the previous author has decided to quit so now i'm the new author thats writing this crazy ahh series from this chapter onwards! i hope you'll enjoy how the rest of the story folds out as you navigate through the dramaticness of raffles and farquhars' love story!

thank you!!