Melody

I woke up the next morning and started getting ready to go to school. I chose a long sleeved outfit to cover up the bruise my dad had given me. I walked to school immediately afterwards so I wouldn't run into my dad. Luckily I only live about half a mile from the school so I didn't get exhausted from walking every single day. It's also how I got my daily exercise. When I got to school, I looked at the clock. I was 15 minutes early. I sighed and headed to my locker. As I was grabbing my stuff somebody covered my eyes. I jumped in surprise and was about to attack the person when a familiar voice asked. "Guess who?" I sighed in relief, "Jayden, thank god it's only you. You gave me a heart attack." He laughed and said, "I can tell, so where are you heading off to?" I replied, "Advanced Math with Mr. Gray." He gasped in fake shock, "How do you survive class with him?! He's the worst!" He shuddered to add effect. I rolled my eyes and answered, "He's just strict and really boring. As long as you turn your work in on time and don't goof off in his class he ignores you." The bell rang and we headed off to our separate classes.

I was at lunch sitting by myself with a good book when all of a sudden it gets knocked out of my hand. I look up and see it's Ryan. I honestly don't know what Kelly sees in him. He can be a real jerk whenever she isn't around. I roll my eyes at him and pick my book up from the floor. He soon takes it out of my hand forcing me to look back up at him. As soon as I do he takes my wrist into his hand and holds it tightly. I immediately wince in pain but he doesn't notice. He asked angrily, "Did you just roll your eyes at me? I don't know why Kelly's friends with you, nobody even likes you." A voice calls out, "I do, she's my friend." I see Jayden standing behind Ryan. He takes my book out of Ryan's hand and passes it to me. I try to grab it but Ryan tightens his hold on my wrist. Jayden calmly says, "Now let go of her wrist and say sorry." Ryan smirks and asks, "What if I don't want to?" Jayden replied cooly, "Well if I'm not mistaken, that's your girlfriend walking through the door. Unless you want her to catch you hurting her friend, I suggest you let go." Ryan lets go and snarls at Jayden. Jayden immediately sits next to me and hands me my book. As I reach out to grab it, I notice the wrist my father bruised last night is showing and cover it with my sleeve. Unfortunately, Jayden noticed before I could cover it up. He gently grabs my wrist and rolls my sleeve up revealing the bruise. He asks angrily, "Who did this?" I wrack my brain for a lie and answer quickly, "Um, nobody. I was walking when I ran into a wall and bruised it." I knew he hadn't bought it since the bruise was clearly made by a hand. He retorted, "Really, last time I checked walls don't give people hand shaped bruises." I replied, "Isn't that the wrist Ryan grabbed?" He said, "No, he grabbed your other wrist. Now who did this to you?" Jayden gently rolled up my other sleeve revealing that it was in fact was the wrist Ryan had grabbed since it was only just beginning to bruise. I sighed and asked him, "Can you please leave it alone? I'll tell you one day but today is not that day." He sighed as well, "Fine, I'm just scared that when you finally tell me, it'll be too late."

Annabelle soon joined us and I introduced them to each other. Jayden and Annabelle got along perfectly. It was so easy to joke around with each other that it felt like we had always been this way. Kelly came and hung out with us without Ryan. Even though I know he wouldn't dare hurt me in front of Kelly, it made me happy to see Kelly wasn't hanging out with him while she was with us. Kelly's one of my best friends and so is Annabelle, they're both unique and I love them dearly. Kelly is an amazing friend she just has a questionable choice in boyfriends. I don't blame her though considering what happened with her parents. Annabelle is awesome too, we met in 6th grade and have been best friends ever since then. She's such an optimist that it makes it hard for me to be sad or upset. I wish life was always this amazing.

"Happiness is having real friends at your side and being surrounded by love."