Annabelle

Annabelle POV

In the small town of Wellsprings not much happened. That was until the day that Molly Ramsey died. The reason for her death is still unknown which makes the whole ordeal kind of creepy. I try to be an optimist most of the time, but it's kind of hard to see the positive side of a seventeen year old's death. As I sit in the third row of her funeral all I can think about is how big of a tragedy this is. I look to my left and I see Brooke Newman muttering about how Molly can't be dead and that this never happened. Her boyfriend, Aaron Mccready, tries to comfort her but is having no luck in doing so. He looks up at me looks into my eyes for a second before turning back to Brooke. Molly was Brooke's best friend and they were very close.

People go up to the closed casket to say their last goodbyes. Since they don't know why she died it's unsafe for the casket to be open. I stand up and get in line to say goodbye. Aaron follows me and he pulls Brooke up with him. I play with the hem of my my black dress as I respectfully say my goodbye. Afterwards I walk back to my seat next to my mom.

I look around the room and my eyes land on Noah. He's wearing a black suit and there were tears streaming down his face. Molly was his girlfriend and from what I had heard they were pretty serious. Other than the four of us there were no other high schoolers here which was surprising. I guess they either found this way too depressing or they just didn't care. I look at my mom who is typing away at her i phone like she always is.

"Honey I have to go to the office do you think you can find a ride." my mom asks me.

I nod and she immediately runs out of the funeral house. I sit through the rest of the funeral and try to be there for the people that I know around me. Afterwards I walk up to Aaron who is heading to his car with Brooke.

"Hey, Aaron," I say and he looks up from Brooke to me.

Brooke looks to be in her own little world and is staring at a tree.

"My mom had to get to a meeting can you drop me off at my house." I ask him knowing he'll understand.

"Yeah," he says giving me a look that says 'she did it again didn't she'.

I nod my head to answer the unspoken question.

He is one of the only people in town that know about my problem with my mother. Even some of my close friends don't know about it. When you live in a small town you would think that there would be close to know secrets but that's where you're wrong. In some ways you might not even really know your best friend. I guess there seems to be more reasons to keep secrets in such a small town.

Aaron knows about it because his mom does the same thing to him as mine does to me.  Our Mom's run a big company in the city outside of town and I guess a job like that is very demanding and more important then spending time with your children.  The only other person who knows about it is Lily my friends Lily and that's because she was the person confided in about it when I was younger.  Somehow she has managed to keep this a secret because she isn't exactly the best person to tell all your secrets to.

I climb into the backseat of Aaron's red car and watch the tree's sway gently in the wind as we drive back home from the funeral.

"When a person tells you a secret honor it and never use it against them." -Rubyanne