Chapter Three

School. I had no issue with the matter. I'm good at school , I'm.good at academics . If I do say so myself , I slay at school. But when it comes to social skills I'm , well weird. After the talk.in had with my mother the other day , I really want to be improve on that.

But I'm not exactly sure how

"Aria , your brother left you" my dad yelled and I frowned. "Why would he do that?" I whined and pointed to my face. Which was sad.

He chuckled grabbed his keys. "Come on , ill take you it's on my way to work anyway" he commented and walked to the front door . I went on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you papa!" I screamed and pointed my finger to the sky. "To school! " I announced. He chuckled and put his finger up with me "to school!"

Sometimes ...we can be but if children. Anyway he dropped me off and I said goodbye . Walking to.Tue school I could already feel my self hyperventilate. It was huge! And glass.

Like it had alot of glass.

I never have been to such a big high school. Ever. Looking around I felt suddenly out of place. I have know.idea where I'm going and if I did I would still get lost.

Great.

I decide on just walking into.the building first. As soon as I did though all , and I mean all eyes were on me. I bit my lip and looked around.

What?

They were whispering and looking at me like I was a new prize. I just stood there not knowing what to do.

"Hey are you new?" A voice asked me and I looked around to see a very pretty Italian girl walk towards me. I nodded and she smiled at me brightly.

"Well , I'm Loreal the welcoming committee and school president and I would really like to show you around , well as much of it as I can" she said brightly and I smiled back. I could feel all the stares on me and was getting uncomfortable .

As if she understood she looked around and waved her hand away , people leaving and going away.

"Sorry about that , that's just our school for you , anyway what's your name?"

"Uh Aria" she gasped . "That is the cutest name I've ever heard , sorry I'm not preppy but ready that was a cute name" she said and started walking. I frowned and stared walking with her.

"So can I ask why everyone.was starring at me ?" I.asked her a little.curious to why I was being stared at. She stopped walking and looked at me square in the face.

"Well this school , more like this town , is built in social groups , we have so many we don't really list them off you just know who they are by looking at them" she said and my eyes went wide.

"So they were looking at you like fresh meat , the more people.you have in your social group the more powerful you are in school" she smiled. "Well with the expectation of Anthony , he's to powerful but keeps to himself" she said her eyes glazed.

"So wait which on do I belong to them?" I asked and she smiled for.Like the fifth time . "Mine , I claimed you first so I get you come on" she declared and grabbed my wrist.

"By the way ,how.did.you get your hair like that?" She asked me and I shrugged. "I was born like this , I'm half black and Portuguese so I guess my hair just is like this" I shrugged and she looked at me .

"That's really cool , Aria anyway it's first period and you have Ms. Heath so ill send you to her room and find me at lunch well be at the big table outside okay?" She asked and I nodded.

******

Constant stares . That's all that I got all day.never a hello , just a stare. And it was really working my nerve. Like big time. I hated people staring at me. It was lunch time and I walked or more like followed people to the cafeteria and looked around.

It was like mall food court. I will never get over how big this school is. It was like a very modern castle.

"Aria!" I heard my name being called and I looked up to see Loreal pointing me to her table. I smiled and walked over there. My food already In my hand.

"Guys this is Aria!"