The violinist and the opera singer

"Hey Nohemi," I sigh
"Is there something wrong," she asks.
"What's that?" Nohemi asks pointing at a paper in my hand.
"Oh it's just this stupid flyer, I was gonna throw it away actually," I said.
"Again, what is it?" She asked again
"My mom is making me go to Washington for this concert, I really don't want to go, but as I said my mom is making me," I explained.
"What's the concert for? I mean a concert sound pretty fun don't you think?"
"It's embarrassing..."
"What is"
"It's an opera I'm playing the violin," I say
"You play the violin!" Nohemi happily says.
"That's so amazing how come you never told me!"
Nohemi went on and on about how much she loved the violin and how much she would love to learn it. I never knew she loved the violin this much.
"You know their also looking for singers, maybe if you sign up this won't be so boring for me," I suggest.
"Me? Sing in an opera? No, I wouldn't be any good?" 
"But you would be!" I say trying to convince her.
"How do you know?" She questioned
"When you practice at school I always go and watch and you're terrific! This can be your chance!"
"Chance? Chance for what?" 
"There's this guy that comes in and evaluates the performance, he chooses the best students to give out scholarship money, they can pay for all four years of college! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!"
"Do you really think I'm that good? And isn't that kinda a lot of... pressure?"
"It will be but I'll be there for you! We'll do this together!" 
"Alright, I'll do it!"