Chapter 12

Adam makes his way to the hidden alley, a hood pulled on his head and making eye contact with no one. If anyone was to spot him going in once their headquarters was revealed, he would be a prime suspect. That's why Brielle said it is imperative that he keeps a low profile.

He reaches the double doors in the alleyway after checking his surroundings multiple times. He pauses for a moment, rethinking his choices. What if Jigsaw had another trap waiting for him, what if he knew his whole plan already, what if he was actually a nice guy?

Adam shakes off those thoughts. He remembers that he's not only doing this for himself but also to save potential victims and bring justice to the current victims. As much as he hated Lawrence, he still believed that justice for him was only fair.

"Fuck, I can do this," Adam mutters to himself nervously. He then impulsively knocks on the door. He freaks out at first but then remembers that he has to be as calm and collected as possible.

The door only slightly opens. "Who is it?" a female voice aggressively asks. Adam recognises it immediately. Amanda.

"You know who I am," Adam says, his voice low and threatening. "Now are you gonna let me in or what?"

"Fuck," Amanda whispers under her breath as she opens the door some more, grabs Adam to pull him inside and then slams the door shut. She then shoves Adam away from her and pulls a gun out of her pocket, pointing it directly at him.

"Oh shit!" Adam cries as he puts his arms in the air. "Pull down your hood," Amanda commands and he does exactly that. He gets a better look at Amanda, realising she looks a little different. Her hair which was once short has now reached her shoulders. Her makeup is bolder and she seems to have lost a ton of weight. "What the fuck do you want?" she asks Adam, the gun still pointed towards his temple.

"I'm here to talk to your boss," Adam replies immediately. "I'm just like you. I'm thankful for what he did for me."

"Bullshit," Amanda replies, forcing the gun closer. "If it wasn't for him, I'd be in fucking jail because of you! I had to tell the police that I was in that bathroom with you because they genuinely thought I was the killer!"

"But you are a killer," Adam argues back. "If I hadn't fought against you, I wouldn't be standing here talking to you now. You would've already dismembered my fucking body."

"Shut up!" Amanda screams, clicking the trigger. "Because of you, I was almost caught! You're definitely here now to rat me out since the police believed me before."

"I swear, I haven't told the police shit, and I won't," Adam responds, trying to calm her down and possibly convince her that he is just like her. "I already told you, I wanna talk to your boss. You can hold me at gunpoint at all times for all I care because I'm really not gonna do anything."

Amanda rolls her eyes. "Fine, I will since you suggested it. Follow me."

Amanda orders Adam each way to go, the gun singeing his neck at all times. He seems to be in some abandoned hospital or something, since the place is like a maze and each corridor is dark and grimy. Adam wonders if the bathroom was in this place. It wouldn't be surprising.

"In here," Amanda orders. They both enter a huge room, traps scattered everywhere. Adam looks around in shock as looks at each torture device. He tries not to imagine the victims of these traps dying or just barely surviving. During his act, seeing these every day will remind him of how sick this whole thing is and that it needs to stop.

"If those traps are scaring you, then maybe you shouldn't be here," Amanda points out, noticing his expression. Adam gulps, trying to hide his fear. "No it's not that, I think they're impressive."