3 - School

Luckily, I made it to school on time. Once we're back to normal, Akito better thank me for that.

The bell rings and it's time for lunch. I see a blue haired boy make his way to the classroom.

"Akito, you're a lot later than usual for school today," he says.

"Oh, Toya! H-how's it goin'?" I reply as naturally as I can force myself to sound. I need to think fast, after all since Akito and Toya are so close, he'd notice if something's up; but then again, I have zero clue how to have a casual conversation with him as my little brother.

"...You okay?"

Crap, he's onto me.

"Uh- yeah, I guess it's just-"

"What's up lil brosef!" A voice I know all too well comes bursting through the door.

"Mizuki!" I shout.

"Eh? Callin' me by my first name for a change? Now what's gotten into you today lil bro?"

I messed up yet again.

"Oh, uh, sorry Akiyama, I just heard you and Ena talking over the phone is all, messed me up a bit."

"Hmm... Sure, I'll accept that excuse for now," They tease.

"Mizuki! Wait up, I had to get stuff from the vending machine!" A girl with black and blue hair follows up behind Mizuki, clearly out of breath.

I think she's Akito's friend, but I've only ever seen her a few times along with the blonde girl from Miya Girls, and I definitely haven't seen either as much as I see Toya. What's her name again..?

"Hey Toya, Akito!"

Toya greets her back, while I'm just sitting here squinting my eyes trying to figure out the girl's name like an idiot. Would someone please hurry up and address her?

Together we all start eating.

"Yo Akito, you're surely taking your time eating today, what's up with that?"

"What? Nothing's wrong, --" I suddenly realize I still can't remember her name, "Just nothing's wrong!"

"He's been acting kinda weird, I agree," Toya notes, "and why the loss of words so sudden there?"

"Well I-" I begin.

"He's kinda strange to me too," Mizuki says.

What would Akito say?

"C'mon, why're you guys acting so skeptical? I'm just fine thank you very much."

That seemed enough like Akito.

After mindless chatter with the girl, Mizuki, and Toya, I feel a sense of relief after hearing the bell ring. I had successfully made it through lunch as Akito.