5 - Akito Activities

It's 3 p.m. at Kamiyama High and oh my god did that take forever. It took everything in me to stay awake. How does Akito-- how does ANYONE attend school during the day? It's really a foreign concept to me.

I push in the chair, pick up his schoolbag and make my way to the front of the school to go home, when I see Toya and the blue girl waiting at the gate.

"Ready to go, Akito?" Says Toya.

Right. I forgot Akito hangs out with his friends after school. I nod and the three of us head on over in the direction of Miya Girls, in which I can only assume we're on our way to pick up the blonde girl.

A pretty tune fills the air, and the slight breeze rustling in the trees matches the sound of peppy steps on pavement and the humming of the blue haired girl.

"An, you seem more cheerful than usual," Toya interjects.

An. That's right. That's her name. I mentally yell at myself for being stupid.

"That's because I have something special waiting for us at the café!" She replies.

We arrive at Miyamasuzaka Girls' Academy, and I watch An greet the blonde girl before the four of us start walking again. We talk aimlessly, and I guess I sound natural because none of them seemed suspicious of me in the slightest. On the way, I learn that the blonde girl's name is Kohane, and that Kohane helped with the surprise An has, and that our plan is to get drinks and eat at the café then practice.

When we reach the café, I suddenly stop before entering and my face drops.

"Shinonome, is everything alright?" Asks Kohane.

"Uh, oh, yeah its all good, sorry," I respond.

I guess it all hit me just then. Surprises, snacks, singing. That's the plan. I don't know any of their songs.