Chapter 2

Grians pov

Purple eyes were plastered all over the walls watching my every step as i cautiously walked forward. I knew that this was the right decision. They were never my family. Even if it meant i'd forget about this place, my powers i had to do it. I had to become human. I missed my friends too much the pain was like a constant pit in my stomach, aching for my taken freedom.

I wiped my hand across the infinite void of white before me. It rippled under my touch like white smoke stuck in an invisible barrier. If i stepped in i would join them. So that's exactly what i did...
________________________________

It was white and then it wasn't. Thats the only way i could describe it. When my eyes opened there was 14 of us all in a circle. I had no clue how i got there or who anyone was. A book caught my eye in the middle of the circle it was almost as if i was drawn to it. I stood up slowly, battling the ringing in my ears that was driving me insane. It was a fairly outdated book with scratched and torn pages i moved towards it an picked it up off the dirt wiping it down before opening it. "Uh- should i read this out to you guys? It seems to have instructions of some sort." Most of them nodded so i read through the rules of the game. And then it was white again.

I awoke in a village with 2 others, one guy with black hair and a blue shirt walked towards me holding out his hand. I took it and pulled myself up and dusted of the dirt i seemed to have been lying in.
"Are you alright buddy? You took longer to wake up than me and Martyn."
"Do you guys know each other?" I asked looking over his shoulder at Martyn.
"No not from before the games dude. Like i said, you were out a lot longer than us. I'm Big b by the way."
"Nice to meet you." I shook his hand.
"We got some supplies for you, follow me." I followed behind him and he lead me towards a village around what looked to be an almost see through barrier surrounding one side of it. Off in the distance i could see a brightly clothed girl with flowing ginger hair peaking over a huge cliff near to the village. A man followed after her who was only wearing jeans and no top covering his rather impressive abs. Wow the nerve this guy has to be walking around like that in a game like this. I chuckled to myself before realising Big b and Martyn had ran off without me. So much for the free supplies.

I didn't try and find them though. I just stayed in the village hunting the chests for stolen goods, which i found rather easily and before you could say 'choblesome' i was in a full set if iron armour. Later on as the sun was setting, a few others made their way to the village. A mischievous guy with a green streak in his hair was joking around with saplings in his hands teasing who I assume was his friend.
He planted the dark oak tree in the middle of the village and stood back proud of his work. I titled my head confused at what was happening and thats when a cold hand grabbed my arm and dragged me behind one of the houses. It was the guy from earlier who was still only wearing jeans. His other hand coved my mouth and i tried to shake free when he whispered, "shhhh. Its okay. You see that tree over there?" I nodded slowly as he took his hands off me. "I just lit the back of it on fire! It should start spreading any second now." My mouth dropped open and a shocked grin appeared on my face. "You have to be kidding, thats hilarious!" I whacked his arm playfully. He smiled at me and thats when we heard an ear-piercing scream. I whipped my head around to see the whole tree up in flames.

We both giggled a little too loud and the green streak guy spotted us in our not-very-well-hidden hiding spot. I turned to my new friend in panic and stood up grabbing his arm. "RUN!!!" I shout and we scatter to the weird glowing border and the others followed pursuit.

"Okay, okay, okay guys! We can work this out, we are all green and from what i can tell about this strange game we are somehow in, that means we can't go around killing each other!"

They looked at each other and then burst out laughing. "We weren't going to kill you!" A blue haired man laughed. "How rude of us we haven't even introduced ourselves," he continued, "Im Scott, this is Joel," he pointed at the green streak guy, "and this is Timmy." I says grabbing the hand of a shy looking boy who had flowers in his hair that matched Scotts.

"Well, uh- I'm Grian and this is..."
"Scar, my name is Scar." Scar interjected. He went round our new acquaintances shaking each of their hands. While he was doing so, I spotted a creeper in the distance and being the prankster that i am, I brought it towards our new group of friends to try and spook them a little. Almost everyone jumped back startled and screaming except Scar. Had he not noticed? I was just about to tell him to move when...

BOOM

That happened.

________________________________
951 words :)