Chapter One

Aenyra's Pov
Politics of man never really sparked my interest or fancy.. I would say from my name day from the time I could talk and walk with my young sister Rhaenyra, I knew the world of Dragon and man wasn't my cup of tea.

Men fought over Targaryen's having dragons up to the sky at the heavens and gods. To sit on the Ironthrone alone it was a curse of the century, and you could see it eating away at my  fathers flesh.

Me and Rhaenyra happen to be twins, the realm can't quite comprehended differences, as a child my hair was large and some spoke that it changed colors. But when my name day of five and ten my hair was none other than Targaryen white, with his eyes shine a deep blue, while Nyra had lighter skin then me, I had dark bronze skin, while her Dragon hatched.

My egg did not, and for many growing years I would cradle an egg close to me in long nights holding it, wishing I could be like my sister I loved and adored her, I wanted to be like her.

The realms delight was her given title, my shared knowledge gave me the  realm's secret knowledge gem, I spent most of my childhood in flee bottom helping those who were less fortunate to be born into a family of royalty. The amounts of times I had given money, food and clothing for our people was enough for my heart to remain in content.

I would stay in the library with my time or accompanying my mother... She was on her already number of pregnancies and her body was growing weak you could see it. Yet she never showed it and had the strong look over her exhausted face.

"Aenyra baby, you don't have to sit in this hot room with me all day sweetie. I have all these handmaids here, go enjoy some fresh air. You could have joined Rheanyra." I rolled my eyes playfully like taking the cool wash cloth towel I run it over her sweaty temple with a smile.

"I like my position mother, I'm quite comfortable that's her time to be free and do what she pleases. She'll be up here soon as well, child pregnancy just seems tiring mother look at you." I told her in a sympathy tone ringing out the towel, she focused back on me with a kind smile on her face.

"It is my duty.. A royal womb is what we have, and you and Rheanyra have them now too. Just remember this please." I stared at her oddly but I grabbed her hand when she reached out to take my hand squeezing it.

"Don't ever and I mean ever let them control your body when you no longer can have the children don't push your body." I gave her a stern sigh like pushing from my lips before I squeeze at her arms.

"The thought alone just makes me exhausted mother. Just marrying and all. But I'll keep that promise if you allow me to be there during the birth I don't wanna attend the Tourney.. Uncle shows off too much." A soft laugh left her lips gently before she raised her hand to cup at my face softly rubbing her thumbs across my cheekbones.

"As you wish my daughter... Go get some air now." I stood up from the side of the tub with a smile giving the top of her head a gentle kiss. I found myself leaving her room to leave her space. I grabbed the trail ends of my dark red dress heading to the library. My head was killing me and it wasn't even mid day yet.

_____________________________
Each turn of the page enthralled me. My eyes skimming each page with my own intent of finishing these story notes up. I could hear the sound of heavy boots across the hard wood floor. "I wonder uncle how are you commander watch you have heavy grieved steps." I heard a loud scoff in return before the chair from across me was scraping in place before he was sitting down.

"Ah yes it's always nice to hear my foul mouth niece. You've gotten more bold. Why aren't you outside most girls your age are?" I fluttered my eyes a couple times, before finding myself shutting the heavy book to focus on his smirking face and long strands of hair in eyes.

"Back in the older days uncle. A women who was knowledgeable was either a know it all or very admired. I like my studies it keeps my mind busy. It's nice to see you uncle." I flashed a gentle smile in his direction as he did the same reaching out to grab both of my hands.

"Hello Aenyra, I come baring gifts. For you and your sister. Even though red is a fantastic color I know your favorite happens to be purple." I felt a heavy weight on my finger confusing me. I dropped my hand from his for a moment to look at the sparkling purple gem the ring itself was gorgeous. My eyes widen in such a surprise taking one hand to touch at it.

"For me.. Thank you Daemon." I muttered both of us locking eyes with one another from across the table. He moved his hands to brush through his hair deeply.

"You are most welcome gem. Now come tell me more about these stories you've been reading."