Chapter Two

Aenyra's

The growing days grew behind my eyes of exhaustion. Alicent and Rhaenyra found themselves a company by the rest of the family at the tourney with our father. While I sat at edge of the bed with my mother. I watched her in pain. How she was sweating and bleeding, and the whole kingdom was in celebrations of what they hoped was a bit for an heir.

Another one of her loud screams had me wanting to hide my head in my knees but I stayed strong in that moment. She held on tighter to my hand squeezing at it with monster strength. Her body deserved a rest after so many still births and miscarriages.

I gave my mother a sad smile.  The sight of her trying to roll around in pain, to just hide away from the maester and handmaidens hands all over her body. I brushed back the slivers of her hair when she was looking at me with sadness in her eyes.

"Shouldn't the babe have come already Maester?" I was worried it had been too long. He had looked up at me for a moment. Almost like he was appalled of me asking such questions.

"Child labor is a timely thing young girl.. It could take hours, all night even until the next day." Another scream had me wincing trying to shut my eyes so tightly at her loud wails and moans of pains.

"It's been all morning this isn't normal and you know it." I finally had snapped out towards him. The blood covering her gown wasn't normal. And watching the way he panicked leaning over to whisper to a male guard I knew it was bad. I leaned over the bed, rubbing my palm over her temple hoping to ease just a little of her pain.

"I'm right here okay? I think it's gonna be okay." The gods know I had no clue what was going on. She looked at me, I lowered my head so she could press a few little cold like kisses across my cheek a few times.

"I want you to know I love
dearly.. Just as much as I love your sister okay?" I gave her a worried expression not too soon after my father was storming into the room with a look of fear through his eyes. It seemed as him and the maesters were trying to be quiet with their harsh ways of speaking as if my mother wasn't there.

"There is a way out.. A way to remove the baby from the womb.. By knife." My eyes grew wide at the idea. She would bleed out would she not? Father looked to be in so much thought before he was looking away.

"Would the baby survive it?" I was quick to snap out fast like, holding at her hands quicker.

"Father have you gone mad! She is your wife!" I screamed out, just for him to scream back out in frustration.

"You will be quiet girl!" I was very vocal with my discomfort of them. I was yelling and screaming at everyone when they grabbed at my mother's confused exhausted body. My hand had slipped from here to just a moment. I was pushing away so many forms. Till the sight of so much blood rushing out and my desperate screams fell deaf to everyones ears. I could only watch in horror.

______________________________
Everyone's touch felt. Almost too forced and rough like. It was like a rough replay in my head the screaming. The blood. I jerked away from the hands that had grabbed gently at the back of my shoulders. I flinched away from the hands, seeing the sad eyes on my uncle's face standing right there besides me and Rhaenyra.

"Sweet gem.. It's okay relax it's just me." The flash of quick tears had hit my face for a moment, feeling him pulling me in for a side hug. Rhaenyra was speaking in a hard sad tone.

"I wonder in those last moments if my father found peace and happiness he wanted." She snapped it out like it was so bitter. Daemon squeezed harder at my shoulders, and back in a motion while listening to her looking back and forth between us.

"They are waiting for your command." Daemon told her in a soft like tone, she turned to gaze at Syrax, the Dragon was just waiting for her command. She looked towards me our eyes meeting with sadness.

"Dracarys."  She snapped out sadly. I had to look away for a moment hiding my head on the side of my uncle. His comfort was oddly needed in that one moment. He had always been kind to me. Like he had always been, Maybe cause I was more fragile then Rhaenyra. It showed in many ways.