Chapter Three

Aenyra's Pov
After days of agony of sobbing, my mother was gone and she was never coming back. She would never hold me or Rhaenyra again. My head was hurting like a million stones were placed upon it. Like we were children again Rhaenyra would come and curl up in my bed, both of us hysterical with tears only having one another.

I never knew our father could be so selfish, all because he wanted his heir. Our uncle was no help either. In the basis of our sadness he got banished away from Kingslanding. Made a skeptical of taking a dragon egg and claiming his mistress was with his child.

I despised our family sometimes. When I wasn't sad replaying my mothers last moments in my head. I reverted back to an even younger girl, cradling my dragon egg by the fire praying to any god to hear my pleads.

My bitter eyes fluttered a couple timed staring at the flames of my fire place. The egg resting between my nightgown and my legs. A bitter sweet reminder of my heritage. Some weak sounding sobs had left from me, my body shaking and shivering.

A small hiccup tore from me, the salty tears staining my lips and dried over my cheeks. I felt the shift of the egg, causing me to jerk slightly in surprise. I held it away for a moment the sizzle heat of it roughly popping open.

I almost threw the egg my red stained eyes wide watching a white scaled head popped out of it roughly a loud whine of a sound leaving from the snout. I was staring at a dragon. My Dragon hatched... It kicked at the egg shells making all these weak sounding noises.

Kicking the broken egg away the white scaled dragon with the one little horn slowly curling up against my lap in place.

I was tense, speechless once in a lifetime. "Nyra come quick!"

______________________________
"He's beautiful sister what shall you name him? He'll grow to he a beautiful dragon." I smiled a little cradling the baby dragon in my palms, the both of us standing in the dragon pits. Father was more then happy to see that the egg had finally hatched.

That I would have my own dragon to claim. Rhaenyra had rushed into my room so worried, and before her eyes she was seeing a bright white dragon growling protective. Trying to shield me from her.

"You know it's quite strange but he looks like the snow from the North doesn't he sister?" He was half the size of my palm, Rhaenyra was studying him with a grin rubbing her gloved finger over his spikes. His loud snores and breathes filling our ears.

"He does actually." She beamed at me. I nibbled at my lower lip trying to spark a name. I shifted a couple times before laughing a little speaking towards my sister some more.

"I think I'm going to name him Wolffe, Rhaenyra." She smiled at me almost proud like, still stroking along side his spikes.

"Wolffe like of the north? I like it dear sister. I say give it up five years and Syrax will have a fly mate to fly with." Our eyes locked with one another. A simple understanding could be shown through twins. I could feel what she felt, I knew how she was feeling. And she seemed greatly proud that I would mother a dragon and have a claim of one my own.

"Are you still worrying about father naming you as heir?" I whispered my worry towards her watching the way her eyebrows knitted a few times. a heavy sigh, before she slightly tilted her body to the side.

"I don't want to be heir. The realm won't ever accept a women on the throne. You've seen what happened with Rhaenys and he just doesn't rust Daemon." I faintly found myself smiling shuffling Wolffe a bit. I placed him in the little pouch, I carried for my books so he could nap in peace. I wrapped my arms around her upper back squeezing gently.

"And would you? When uncle has a temper. He barely tends to his wife in the Vale, literally has a Mistress." I exclaimed the last part, knowing the courts gossiped with nothing better to do. We were the same age me and her, yet I knew she would make a better queen then I would.

"When the time comes you'll do wonders." I assured her. I almost squealed when she tossed her arms around my neck hugging me tightly. I shut my eyes for a moment my head resting on the corner of her neck.

"Promise me we won't ever drift apart as we grow please?" I squeezed at her back some weakly smiling.

"I don't see how we could ever dear sister."