chapter 4

It had been already two months since the young couple met and fell in love with eachother. Their relationship was genuinely a healthy one.

While other women in her age wanted to be the wives of wealthy men, she didn't care about riches and luxury. The man she fell for, didn't have lots of money but he knew how to treat her like an actual human being and give her the love she deserved and without asking for a reward.

At the same time , the rich man arrived at the mansion and when he found out that the young lady was nowhere to be seen, he got extremely furious and went to search for her by himself.

Meanwhile the young couple was outside and enjoyed the scenery around them with a smile on their faces.

But when the rich man saw Aurelian and Probus being so loving and tender with eachother, he felt disgusted and angry at the same time. His envy was so enormous that made him wanting  to do something to separate them.

He grabbed Probus' hand violently and threatened her by saying this :

"So this is what you did during these two months that I was away. Lazying around. But I'll fix it. I demand that you will marry me and give birth to my sons. And if you give birth to daughters I will kill you. And you should always do whatever I'll tell you"

When he saw his girlfriend being humiliated in front of him, Aurelian knew that he couldn't sit and watch without doing nothing. He got angry and said to the much older man:

"Leave Probus alone, you creep. I won't let you have her and use her for your evil purposes, thus making her life even more miserable".

Then Probus looked her former boss directly in the eyes and told him with a brave tone on her voice:

"I will never be the wife of such an evil and cruel monster like you. Now I have Aurelian by my side who treats me with kindness and like an actual human being. He truly loves me. "

Now the evil rich man had no other feelings inside him besides severe anger.

"How dare you to ignore me you brat? Tommorow morning, I will beat your beloved one in a duel. And if you dare to intervene , there will be some very serious consequences".

For a very brief moment the man looked Aurelian on the eyes and said:

"Let's fight. One versus one. And no matter how you will respond , there won't be other winner besides me. And of course the woman here will be my prize".

The young boy responded to the man with such bravery and courage :

"Don't even call me a coward. I will fight you, not because I want to win this lovely lady as a prize. I won't let your crazy plans to be fulfilled"

Those words left Probus speechless at that moment. She had a strange feeling inside her that combined both happiness and sadness at the same time.

She was thankful that the man she loved fought for their love, but she was also afraid that he would might die. And the second was something that she didn't want to happen.

The couple went home so they would prepare for the duel the next morning.

All these made Probus wanting to talk to Aurelian. She couldn't keep it to herself.

"I am so glad that you are willing to protect me. But I'm scared for you too. You know what will happen if he wins, I'll be the wife of someone who will treat me with cruelty".

"There's no need to worry. I may be a common soldier but no matter how strong the enemy is , there's no excuse for backing down".

These words filled the lady's heart with courage and when it got dark they went to sleep. Tomorrow a long day awaited for them.